Copepods - nevermind I finally see some

Tinyfish

Membership Expired
Copepods are the small animals about 1mm correct? Amphipods are the larger animals correct?

I purchased a container of copepods at DNA and I still do not see anything. I think I should be able to see a 1mm animal especially if it moves. I have a HOB Aquafuge that has chaetomorpha and turtle grass.

Is there somewhere else I should be getting copepods locally?

Just beg, borrow, steal... trade or buy cheato or othe macros from people, they are usually loaded with the beasties.

Here are some pictures you can compare against:

http://www.melevsreef.com/id/pods.html

Thank you Marc for the link and labeled pictures. Although my camera does not have a super macro I am going to take some pictures anyway just to see what comes out.

Well it seems both my eyes and my camera are unable to take a picture of something that tiny. But it was fun trying.

I have ordered some copepods from the internet and also phytoplankton to see if I could get some variety in my tanks. I will update in this thread.

Well I got more copepods in the mail. I split them between my tanks. I am really hoping that since there are no predators in the 75g that they will reproduce. I have been feeding phytoplanton. I got some BioPlanton that really seems to help my corals a lot.