Clownfish breeding

tthomas81

Membership Expired
Hi All,

My clowns started laying eggs and my kids want to try to raise them. We have most what we need so far and need some help with the rotifer culture. I am unable to find the food for the rotifers in town and i am wondering if anyone had an idea of an alternative to ordering the food online which is very expensive due to shipping.

Thanks

Pretty much! I haven't done it but I've been researching it just in case any of my clowns start laying eggs. :)

There are plenty of people in the dfw area who has phyto growing im sure one will find this thread and offer a starter or you can find some on eBay for pretty cheap too

Pick u up a copy of marine aquarium handbook from beginner to breeder by martin a moe Jr it has alot of great info in it for breeding clownfish, also alot of great info period.

Mztexas on the forum was selling rotifers-he has the famous snowflake clown babies post--- and has an amazing breeding setup--I'm sure he wouldn't mind answering any questions

My clownfish laid eggs last night, and I need to setup the breeding tank.It's my first time to do that. Could anyone provide me your experience ? food for them? Thank you Jack