Chromis spawning!

Friday, I noticed that the two largest chromis of our 8 member herd were 'zooming' up and down the front seams of my tank, pressing their abdomen to it. Later, I put two and two together when I saw tiny white specs on the seams and I noticed an ovipositor extended on the largest, and a smaller version on the next largest individual.

Honestly, I'd seen these white specs before, but I didn't realize it was the chromis producing them. Anyone tried to raise the fry?

chromis huh, hmmm...very interesting, cant say ive read about them being bred before, although im sure they are. are you going to give it a try?

Nope, it's on the seams of the tank, so I couldn't if I wanted to.. they seem to disappear after about 3 days, so either something's eating them or they have a really long time as really tiny fry.

Well, our chromis are at it again..

chromis_spawn1.jpg
alt="">
chromis_spawn2.jpg
alt="">
chromis_spawn3.jpg
alt="">

Cool - they are Damsels and are considered 1 level up in difficulty when compared to raising Clowns.

Wittenrich's Guide to Breeding Marine Fish (something like that for title) has a section on them.