Brooklynella???? Please no! Help ID

It kinda looks like it from the pics.How is it acting? Is it rubbing up against things or breathing hard? Eating OK?Looks like you have in a QT, I would start treatment asap.

One Gill is inflamed, red with a little translucent white. The other side has the red base sort of translucent then almost a zit shape with white at the center spot. Just purchased yesterday from the LFS. Looked perfectly fine then and was acting energetic. Still energetic and eating.should of quarantined but didn’t, so I’ve moved all parties to the QT.Only have copper and a freshwater dip until the LFS opens tomorrow...That’s why I’m hoping velvet or ich, but I’m thinking it’s Brooklynella.

Yeah, that’s exactly what I did. I’m baffled at how difficult it is to find a picture that clearly shows each type of disease.And somehow after 18yrs in the hobby this is the first infection I’ve ever dealt with. Even had a pair for 8 1/2 years with tons of in and out tank mates...Thanks for the help, all other feedback is welcomed.

Good deal!Wow you are lucky! Did you get your fish at the same source you always do? I know I have had better luck at some places than others.Hope it gets through OK.

I lived in Seattle for most of those years, most of my stock came from the reefing community. It’s a much more robust community than the Dallas area.Seems like this community hasn’t been around as long? At least things are more expensive and less availability. I don’t see a lot of trades and such. Mostly sales...Again thanks, I’ll post the mortality rate in a few.

Well, Meredith Presley sorted me out! Most likely ich not Brooklynella... If you ever want to chat with someone who will rival the best of them when it comes to reefing knowledge, head over to The Fish Gallery! She always has a smile, and for me anyway a plethora of time to help out!