Back in the hobby after 20+ years

defasum

Premium Member
I had my first reef tank 20+ years ago but life got in the way and starting a family takes all of your disposable income. I am so glad to be back I really missed it. The hobby has changed so much! What's with these fancy skimmers nowadays. I remember having nothing more than a wooden airstone and a collection cup!I just finished cycling a 90G Planet aquariums tank (thanks to fish2morrow) and I am ready for some livestock.Going to my first frag swap tomorrow. looking forward to meeting other likeminded reefers in the area 

Just thought I'd add...I went to Dallas North Aquarium recently and they pulled up my purchase history. They still had the DAS aquarium that I bought from them in the mid 90's in their system! I bought that back when they were in the Bedford area!I think they need to upgrade their POS software.

The Planet Aquarium tanks are nice.  I was looking at the 75-gallon about 3 years ago when we upgraded but got the DAS 65-gallon tank instead.  It was just a better fit for where we wanted to put it in the house. And I got it from Dallas North Aquarium.  Good luck! 

Awesome! Glad your back. We will see you tomorrow.Make sure and start a build thread so we can check out the new tank!

Welcome back defasum My skimmer not only had a wooden air stone it was skinny and hip high.  My first SWT was a  75 gallon back in 1995/96.