Baby Picassos

Incredible images! I'm sold on the species every time I read your post. Sure hope I can get up your way to get some one day!

Awesome thread! I had some clarki clowns that started laying eggs, but on live rock where I couldn't get to them.

I work up in Gainesville a couple times a week, would you be willing to meet there for some of your beautiful fish?

@megwood wrote:
Incredible images! I'm sold on the species every time I read your post. Sure hope I can get up your way to get some one day! said:
Thanks I hope so too.

@jtapgar wrote:
Awesome thread! I had some clarki clowns that started laying eggs said:
If you are wanting to raise them just drop a piece of clay pot or tile over the spot they layed the eggs and they will likely lay eggs on the removable piece the next time.

@Hook'em2006 wrote:
I work up in Gainesville a couple times a week said:
Yes that wouldn't be a problem I go through gainesville most of the time on my way to drop off other fish. Just find some you like in the for sale thread I have then when you find the ones you like let me know and I will let you know the next time I will be through.

Thanks everyone

Hello everyone, been a while since I have updated everyone here. All the clowns are doing great. I would guess I have around 40-50ish fish left. I hope to calculate a rough estimate of survival rate when all the clowns are sold so I can use the total sold as the final count of survivors. The main reason for this post, I have progression photos, to show everyone how their coloration comes in over time (coloration questions are one of the most common I get so I thought this would be helpful). The pictures show a single clown at 22 days old, around 6 months old, and again around 8 months old. As you can see below the tail stripe fills in slowly as well as the black coloration filling in over time.

[attachment=2]prog1.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]prog2.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]prog3.jpg[/attachment]

Thanks for looking and feel free to leave any questions you like. Have a great day everyone.

beautiful fish if you continue to breed i would like to buy a pair off you. i'm a fellow breeder and when i move to texas i will want to start back up =).

@ericauch wrote:
beautiful fish if you continue to breed i would like to buy a pair off you. i'm a fellow breeder and when i move to texas i will want to start back up =). said:
Thank you very much. Let me know when you are ready and we can get you some clowns!

starting up my tank and was really excited when i read the first post until i saw the date :0 Do you still breed these? A pair of picassos are going to be my main fish in my 30 gallon and would love to be able to pick up local. wont be ready for a month and a half-two months though.

@jeffsanford wrote:
starting up my tank and was really excited when i read the first post until i saw the date :0 Do you still breed these? A pair of picassos are going to be my main fish in my 30 gallon and would love to be able to pick up local. wont be ready for a month and a half-two months though. said:
Yes I still have some right now, let me know when you're ready and I will see what I have left.

@Tabi1720 wrote:
Do you still have any Picassos left? said:
Yes I have a few clowns left. I have had several people ask about the clowns left. Instead of sending pictures to each person I think I will start a for sale post. I am currently trying to get pictures of the clowns left. As soon as I get the pictures I will upload them and start a post in the for sale forum. So keep an eye out in the for sale forum soon.