Aquashella volunteers May 20 and 21 to help club table and event itself (sign-up thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish Think Pink

Club Secretary
Staff member
Board of Directors
THANK YOU WONDERFUL VOLUNTEERS!! You helped make Aquashella 2023 Dallas a wonderful experience for so many and you are deeply appreciated! Many of you are already looking forward to 2024 and doing it again! YOU ARE SIMPLY THE BEST!! (hugs!)

2023-01-23 Aquashella flyer found on FaceBook.jpg

Like last two years, hobby club will be seeking volunteers. Sign up by replying below.

Location has not changed:

DALLAS MARKET HALL - North Hall
2200 NORTH STEMMONS FREEWAY
DALLAS TX 75207

Like last Aquashella, we are seeking 15-20 hobby club volunteers to help Aug 6 and Aug 7 any of below: Seeking extras in case life happens and someone can't volunteer at last moment. Volunteers needed for:
  • Aquashella itself
  • hobby club table
  • wherever most needed
Greatest need will likely be Aquashella registration and light security both Saturday morning thru afternoon and Sunday morning thru afternoon. By supplying volunteers, hobby club receives discounted table rate for our DFWMAS table. Aquashella volunteers will need a smart phone and ability to add an app to smartphone.

Volunteers should target arrival 8:30am Sat/Sun to ensure you find Sat/Sun 9am training location by 9am.

Our volunteers helping Aquashella last year also got cool Aquashella staff t-shirt in addition to meeting lots of fun people from around the country!

Our hobby club DFWMAS booth lets you meet lots of fun people from around country! Handout drinks, snacks, club water parameter business card, club salinity car decal, and Reef Hobbyist magazines! Our volunteers helping DFWMAS booth also got cool DFWMAS t-shirt in addition to meeting lots of fun people from around the country!

Please sign-up below if you are interested in helping both/either day (please indicate day(s)).
  1. @Fish Think Pink Lisa K (Sat & Sun, Aquashella)
  2. @winky8888 Ron Nidel (Sunday all day)
  3. @hnurge Hans (Sat & Sun, where needed)
  4. @hnurge Cheryl (Sat & Sun, where needed)
  5. @hnurge Alia (TBD)
  6. @AncientDashAquatics Daniel Juarez (Sat & Sun, Aquashella)
  7. @murraycamp Murray (TBD)
  8. @SCOTT42 Scott (TBD)
  9. @Karen Karen (Sat morning)
  10. @Eileen L Ellison Eileen (Sat & Sunday, table or wherever)
  11. @Aj (Sunday morning, perhaps all day Sunday)
  12. @Cedar Hill Sonya (Sat & Sun, Aquashella)
  13. Brian Beck (Sunday morning)
  14. Brian Beck +1 (Sunday morning)
  15. @amoore02 Amanda (Saturday morning)
  16. @amoore02 William (Saturday morning)
  17. @amoore02 Michelle Perry (Saturday morning)
  18. @amoore02 Andy Perry (Saturday morning)
  19. @ehrenmn (Sat & Sun all day)
  20. @Luizw13 Luiz (Saturday all day)

Aquashella does provide lunch to volunteers, but one day lunch was very late to arrive. I'll bring emergency peanut butter & jelly with bread, knives and side of raw carrot snacks so anyone with diet requirements will have ability to make their own sandwich (if needed, to hold over). Late lunch impacted everyone working Aquashella, staff as well as volunteers.

Shift times for Aquashella even volunteers confirmed 5/18 by Cassi of Aquashella:
  • Sat 9am-noon
  • Sat noon-3pm
  • Sun 9am-noon
  • Sun noon-3pm

Looking forward to another fun Aquashella weekend!

This is last year's Aquashella sign-up volunteer thread:

Last edited:
I'll do Saturday 8/6 - DFWMAS booth. Represent yo!

Edit: I misread the post - thought it was August. Please put me down as "potential" pending resolution of a business obligation. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'll do Saturday 8/6 - DFWMAS booth. Represent yo!

Edit: I misread the post - thought it was August. Please put me down as "potential" pending resolution of a business obligation. Thanks!

No worries - you are down as TBD so you have a spot in May if your work allows.

Yes last year event was August, and here is link to last year's volunteer thread:
Last Year:​

At this past week's monthly meeting club was incredibly lucky to have Aquashella owner Shawn Hale as guest speaker. We learned they are trying to keep costs down by staying at same location, but last August Dallas Market Hall's air conditioning had problems keeping up with the event. Club recorded Feb Mtg and it is on club YouTube channel

At www.YouTube.com/@dfwmas has lots of other great info everyone can check out!

@AncientDashAquatics - Hi Daniel - I am finally getting this post more organized (and pretty above).

I also just pinned this thread to top of General Discussion so it doesn't get lost among all the fun things going on this year!
I’ll be there both days whenever you need me. One of the Aquascaping competitors requested me on their team. So I will help but break away a few times to help Jimmy.

Last edited:
Not in it. At my age everything goes slow not fast.

Really thought our club booth and or club members given how many people are there... but SO many people go - It is so fun - I am very excited it is about a month away!! See you there soon!!

View attachment 17677

Like last two years, hobby club will be seeking volunteers. Sign up by replying below.

Location has not changed:

DALLAS MARKET HALL - North Hall
2200 NORTH STEMMONS FREEWAY
DALLAS TX 75207

Like last Aquashella, we are seeking 15-20 hobby club volunteers to help Aug 6 and Aug 7 any of below: Seeking extras in case life happens and someone can't volunteer at last moment. Volunteers needed for:
  • Aquashella itself
  • hobby club table
  • wherever most needed
Greatest need will likely be Aquashella registration and light security both Saturday morning thru afternoon and Sunday morning thru afternoon. By supplying volunteers, hobby club receives discounted table rate for our DFWMAS table. Aquashella volunteers will need a smart phone and ability to add an app to smartphone.

Volunteers should target arrival 8:30am Sat/Sun to ensure you find Sat/Sun 9am training location by 9am.

Our volunteers helping Aquashella last year also got cool Aquashella staff t-shirt in addition to meeting lots of fun people from around the country!

Our hobby club DFWMAS booth lets you meet lots of fun people from around country! Handout drinks, snacks, club water parameter business card, club salinity car decal, and Reef Hobbyist magazines! Our volunteers helping DFWMAS booth also got cool DFWMAS t-shirt in addition to meeting lots of fun people from around the country!

Please sign-up below if you are interested in helping both/either day (please indicate day(s)).
  1. @Fish Think Pink Lisa K (Sat & Sun, Aquashella)
  2. @winky8888 Ron Nidel (Sunday all day)
  3. @hnurge Hans (Sat & Sun, where needed)
  4. @hnurge Cheryl (Sat & Sun, where needed)
  5. @hnurge Alia (TBD)
  6. @AncientDashAquatics Daniel Juarez (Sat & Sun, Aquashella)
  7. @murraycamp Murray (TBD)
  8. @SCOTT42 Scott (TBD)
  9. @Karen Karen (Sat morning)
  10. @Eileen L Ellison Eileen (Sat & Sunday, table or wherever)
  11. @Drex Drex (Sat & Sunday, table)
  12. @Aj (Sunday morning, perhaps all day Sunday)
  13. @Cedar Hill Sonya (Sat & Sun, Aquashella)
  14. Brian Beck (Sunday morning)
  15. Brian Beck +1 (Sunday morning)
  16. @amoore02 Amanda (Saturday morning)
  17. @amoore02 William (Saturday morning)

Aquashella does provide lunch to volunteers, but one day lunch was very late to arrive. I'll bring emergency peanut butter & jelly with bread, knives and side of raw carrot snacks so anyone with diet requirements will have ability to make their own sandwich (if needed, to hold over). Late lunch impacted everyone working Aquashella, staff as well as volunteers.

Looking forward to another fun Aquashella weekend!

This is last year's Aquashella sign-up volunteer thread:
Please add Michelle and Andy perry to Saturday morning

Shift times for Aquashella event volunteers confirmed 5/18 by Cassi of Aquashella:
  • Sat 9am-noon
  • Sat noon-3pm
  • Sun 9am-noon
  • Sun noon-3pm
Morning shifts helping Aquashella, meet at Aquashella registration area for training. Give yourself extra time, esp if this is your first year helping out. Facility is larger than you expect!!!

Drex is still recovering so his spot at club table now open. Eileen has graciously offered for both Sat & Sunday at table help instead of event help. Sunday @murraycamp has offered to help with club table. Saturday morning we can figure out who will help Eileen in Drex's spot at DFWMAS club table

FYI I am buying/closing on home Friday late afternoon (shifted later) so I'm going to try sneaking in earlier Friday at Aquashella to drop off all the club table magazines to give away free, as well as club cooler, and for Premium Members there are drinks and snacks to be given away if they show their digital card downloaded to phone or PayPal receipt for their Premium (paid) membership. I've learned I prefer getting our stuff there during vendor setup instead of coming extra extra early Saturday morning.

WE DO NEED MORE EVENT VOLUNTEERS because things change. I'm good if you just show up to volunteer. Ask for Lisa with DFWMAS at Aquashella desk or if you already have my cell then text me (this is the Internet... I'm not putting my cell here lol) Tonight's zoom club meeting we will be asking for volunteers but I may not timely see additions to this thread (reply below).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.