A few Zoa questions/help

Michelle

Premium Member
On the bus tour I picked up some really nice branches that are abt 15" long. I'd like to cover them with Zoas and place them at abt a 45 degree angle from the sandbed. So here are my questions;

1) Do Zoas like to grow "up" towards light or "down" a branch or rock? The ones I have now were purchased on a plug and are on the sandbed so growth is of course down and out.

2) What encourages growth in a direction - light, flow, ??

3) With Palys, some seem to take over and outgrow others. Of course the least liked always seem to be the winner. With Zoas, is there a color, lash length, or type that grows to the detriment of neighbors?

4) What is the best approach for starting? Should I purchased 2-3 polyps and place 2-3" apart, or would it be better to use larger groupings?

Please help me start on this venture. I have started looking at Zoas and trying to map colors/layout. I want to make sure I start off in the right direction.

Some will grow up some grow down. Place in the middle see which way they start growing. Some zoas grow slower then others. I have a couple multi rocks that fast growing zoas surrounded the other slower ones