50 gal SCA cube ---next step coral

oceanman69

Premium Member
Hello everyone,It's been over a year since I started this build and it's time for some beginner/easy corals.SETUP- 50 gal sca cube, AI prime, eshopps x-120, 4" custom sock filter, Jebao dct400 return, dual vca random flow generators for flow!FISHES-- 2 [Ocellaris Clownfish, Firefish Goby, Watchman Goby, 3 Yellowtail and 1 Sapphire Damsel ]CORAL---noda, nothing...... Looking for cheap and easy corals for beginners to add some color to my  rock quarry...lolAlso would appreciate advice for lighting settings for my AI prime, I struggled before with hair algae but got it under control!Advise is APPRECIATED...  View attachment 7057

In tanks like that I always like seeing LPS corals like frogspawn/hammer/torch corals, candycanes, or plate corals (on the sand).  You might also try acans. You've got some nice space for a zoa garden, too.  Might also look for a nice chalice or monte for you rock ledges.I'd steer clear of quick spreading corals like GSP, xenia, or mushrooms.  They can quickly take over tank space.Nice tank!

Looking good! Kudos for taking things slow and getting the tank established. I have some $5/head frags of green hammer and frogspawn that are easy to grow if interested. There is also a Frag Swap coming up the end of April that you should find some nice easy corals.