180 gal new setup - I need your opnions please....!

[Marc,

Explain the pvc plump in order from bulkhead inside the stand. Do i need any vave or union on drain line or return line?]

[Warning!!!! about glasscage.

Picking up my tank today from Glasscage, I found out that they just made my tank on May 13th as I have orderd this tank on April 1st. Due to the tank too new, they said I can't add any water for at least 3 to 4 weeks. Now I have to watch my new empty tank for 3 weeks.

Beware of this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

[Louie, for your own entertainment, may be you can put your "mermaid' in a tank so u can watch her swimming without water . LOL yaeah baby!!! That's way you don't have to countdown your weeks. :taz: :lol: :rasp:]

[You funny Randy..

Anyway guys, Can someone explain to me about pvc plumping inside the stand. What are in line between bulkhead and sump on drain lines? also on return between pump in sump and bulkhead.

Louie]

[Are those all holes through bulkheads in the bottom of the overflow? I am sure one of the guys that was there saw how the tank was drilled and can explain them.]

[Yes,

There are 5 of 1.5 in bulkhead size holes. (I believe the actually size of the hole was 2 3/4 in I could be wrong on this).

You know when I do this tank, people told me 2 drain holes of 1.5 and 1 of 1 in for return. Then, I initally planned to go with sequence pump and anthony closed loop. 2 holes for this purpose as the pump supposed to be inside the stand , so 1 return and 1 drain. Total made it 5 holes.

I went ahead have them drill all 1.5 in bulkhead size holes because you can always reduce it to 1 or smaller but you can't never enlarge if you need to.

Now since I decide to go with Tunze....yeah...( no noise of water moving and no bubble in tank for sure) I have two extra holes from the closed loop. I will run all the electrical wires and cords of light , tunze on top of the tank thru one hole (inside a 1.5 PVC tube of course) down to the stand. That way there is NO wire hang down outside of the tank.

I still have one hole left and will cap it. Suggestion is always welcome.]

Edited By reefgazer on 1116853624

[If you need to buy White Silica Sand,

Don's Building Supply in Mckinney at 300 N. Throckmorton 972-569-9450 has it. It is $8.75 for a 80lb. bag]

Hey Louie,

Interested to see your progress...your seams cured yet?..Is there water in that baby? Your new GFCI outlet working out? Can't wait to see your tank up and running.

Added water today. I have problem with the standpipe. I have two drain pipes and they are 1.5 in but water go down so slow. I keep making the hole on the caps bigger but water still go down the same rate. Any suggestion? The tank is great, seams look fine. God, I can't imagine set up a tank is so hard like this.

How do you know how fast or slowly the water is going down? If it goes down silently, that should be just fine.

What exactly is occuring? Don't modify it any further until we know what you are dealing with.

Thanks god, no problem with stand pipe, leaks have been fixed... time to enjoy...ehhehehe :lol:

Thanks to Stanley for the move, Kevin in Rowlett for tip on fixing the leaks and Marc for standpipe adjustment... I still need some more liverocks.

That is a lot of lighting that room. You'll have to consider that when you pick your lighting schedule, to avoid an algae bloom.

The water is nice and clear!

Good point,

I have a big skyline on top of my central kitchen. It would shine to the tank. My photoperiod will be around 3 pm to 11 pm.