180 gal new setup - I need your opnions please....!

[Hey Loiue,

Is the tank coming in on Sunday the 22nd? I know that is the date we talked about the other day. If so I may be able to use the van to go and get it with you. What time do you need to pick it up? I know you do not know where either but as soon as you do let me know. I can take out the two bench seats in the Van and fit in a sheet of 4 X 8 ply wood so there should be plenty of room for a 6 foot tank. Get the details and let me know and I will check with the boss and see if we can do this.

Stanley T''' - SALT]

[Stanley,

Thanks. Yes it will be a sunday because Glasscage only delivers on the weekend. As for now I don't know where is the drop off location in dallas yet. Will let you know. I will pay you gas for that. Thanks alot Stanley.

Louie]

[Louie,
Just out of curiousity, have you done any wiring upgrades for the area you will be placing the tank?
From your picture, it looks like one double outlet is all that is there.
I would recommend you upgrade wiring before receiving the tank. Perhaps a GFCI or two.
I would also recommend checking floor and stand for level while waiting on the tank also.
Looks great so far!]

Edited By chevytrks on 1115755994

[Thanks Kevin,

I did some electrical wiring today. I ran another surge protector from another outlet (20A) and the one you see in the picture is 15A. So I guess I am good to go electrically. The stand is in place. I use the level to measure on the top of my stand. It was a little lower on one side. The tank suppose to be on tile floor but the floor is a little off, do you recommend to put carpet for cushion? I also have a 1/2 in foam for the tank to sit on.

Thanks,

Louie]

Edited By reefgazer on 1115774137

[Louie,

I would definitely not put carpet under your stand. I would put the foam between the tank and stand as you are doing. The carpet wont help and will just be a problem if you spill water. Maybe you can use some shims or plane/sand the bottom of one side of the sand a bit to get it level.

HTH]

[U R going to love the tank being so high for veiwing puposes. Let's see 42" stand 25" tank about 2' canopy. 7' 7" that is tall!
Definetly invest in a high step latter for cleaning. Should be interesting.
Looks awesome can't wait to see it in a tank tour one day. :nod:
What kind of lights are U planning on useing.
What size of sump R U going to go with.
What skimmer R U going to be running.
What is going to be the Dominate corals SPS LPS ect.

Details man I Want DETAILS :lol:]

[Guys,

Thank for the compliments. Yes, I already have tall ladder to cleaning. I will have mag 12 for return. Mag 24 for TS 300 trigger system skimmer. Sequence Hammerhead (5800 ghp) in anthony calfo closed loop manifold. Pvc rack for aquascaping has been done last night.]

[Arclyic Custom made sump 48x16x18.

I have 660 watts of VHO and want to replace 2 of my 72 in VHO aquasun tubes with 3 of 175w MH. Do you know how to install this stuff? i don't and need help or will pay you to do it. I have 2 ic 660 ballasts.

The tank will be mix of everything. I am more into zoo...zoo...and colorful zoo though.

This tank will definately be on the next tank tour. Thanks.]

Edited By reefgazer on 1115833818

[For those of you who offered help moving the new tank on this coming weekend.

I know Mark from Mellisa will be on the tank tour. Is there anyone else that will be on the tank tour?

I have called Glasscage and Tom will contact his drive and will get back with me on wed or thurs to make sure if it will be here on saturday 21st or Sunday 22nd. I will keep your guy updated.

Thanks,

Louie]

[dang....I can't believe I posted my number in a public room...can an admin remove this reply,....it was ment to be a pm...thanks]

[Tim, I post my number as that is how people reach me. Heck, I'm in the phone book. I don't see the risk in giving out your phone number publicly, unless you are worried more people might call you for help one day. :p]

[The tank will be here on this coming Sunday 22nd as i got Glasscage confirmed. The time and location has not been confirmed. I will post and will pm to all who have offered help. If anyone in allen ,mckinney area can help moving the tank on sunday I am really appreciated. It will be a short move but the stand is a little taller.

Thanks so much in advance,

Louie]

[Guys,

I want to personally thank you Stanley , Steve, Tim, Mark for coming over to help move the tank. It was quite an experience for me. Glasscage dropped the tank in Denton. The tank looked awesome. There were couple minor defects but no scratches. You guys make the move so much easy and I can't do it without you guys. Thanks again. Here are some pictures.]