180 GAL. IN WALL THREAD

@afishfanatic wrote:
Evan said:
I'm adding on 1400 sf to my house. 2 story, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, and a living room. So when I meet with contractors I told them a must was for me to have a fishtank in my master bedroom.

I'm very envious. My next home will definitely have a room dedicated to a aquarium. Evan, can't wait to see this finished product.

A picture on my new ASM G4X. I didn't know this skimmer was this big.

FISH1.jpg
alt="">

I'm going to have to get a new camera or learn to use this one. :lol:

I can't win for loosing :twisted: I finally got a green tag for the electrical only for the city to come back out and say they didn't like the way the breaker was wired.

The plan was to wire 2 breaker boxes together. The city said we can do it and gave us a green tag and then came back out and said we have to hold up construction until thats done :twisted:

Looking good.

Hope your sump fits (LOL) If you need a Fantastic carpenter to finish off the front, I know an exceptional craftsman.

He's not cheap, but he is worth every penny.

@elinder wrote:
A picture on my new ASM G4X. I didn't know this skimmer was this big. [img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/linder0501/FISH1.jpg[/img] alt=""> I'm going to have to get a new camera or learn to use this one. :lol: said:
I finally got all green tags to proceed to the next step of contruction. We blow insulation today and then start putting up walls Friday. Then if everything is on schedule the painters will be out Monday :D

Also, when I was going through this thread I came accross this picture :cry: This is the tank that had something added to it and killed all my fish & corals.

It looks like the whole in the wall is out of level. :p

Or maybe it is the photographer. :D

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the final green tag on the finished construction. I'll take pictures tonight when I get off work. Now I have to get all my furniture for 6 rooms out of storage after work tommorrow. Then on Sunday afternoon pick up my Sump from Marc and hopefully my calcium reactor Sunday morning.

Then all the fun stuff plumbing :cry: I have not a clue to what I'll be doing. If all goes well I'll start adding saltwater next weekend.

Evan,
Did you get a brickstyle or regular 180 gallon?

I don't live far from you , I offer my help if needed.
check out my 180 brick build log, or come see mine in person, perhaps some ideas may flow from it.

Looking great so far!

Plumbing is truly not that hard. You assemble it without glue at first, like a jigsaw puzzle. Once you have things ready, you can go ahead and glue things together.

Putting unions a key locations can make it easier to remove some plumbing when necessary, like where a pump is connected. You don't want a permanent connection on a pump that will need servicing or repair one day.

Kevin, I got the regular tank. Thanks for the offer for help. I've read your build log and thats how I'll be doing my plumbing. I think if I could come by and look at it that would help me alot.

I just had my 400 gallon plummed. I could give you a lot of advice if you need it. Plan and plan and plan. Dual union ball valves and flex hose is the way to go. I would us a dart to turn the tank over. Dart sequence pumps are SUPER quiet.

PM me if you want specific info.

www.savko.com may help with different pieces that are hard to find.

Thanks, I guess the speed I 'm going I'll have my tank up and running in about 6 months :lol: I can't win for losing. Today Direct TV was installing my new equipment and when running the extra tivo line through my bedroom wall they hit the freon line. :shock: He drilled right above where it enters the house. I guess he thought freon lines run down. So now I have to pay about 600.00 to get the line replaced and then they'll give me back my money at some point.

@Servo wrote:
I just had my 400 gallon plummed. I could give you a lot of advice if you need it. Plan and plan and plan. Dual union ball valves and flex hose is the way to go. I would us a dart to turn the tank over. Dart sequence pumps are SUPER quiet. PM me if you want specific info. [url=http://www.savko.com]www.savko.com[/url] may help with different pieces that are hard to find. said:
Very nice tank by the way. I've been following the thread for sometime now.