140 Gallon Starphire Build

@kthomas wrote:
Pampee I have a bleached rainbow wellso. Do you want it to try to see if it colors up in your tank? I'll be over in your area tomorrow if it's not raining. said:
Sure I will be at DNA tomorrow I have a $30 gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't be in your are till later in the afternoon. I'll meet you at DNA or you can come by the house. Totally up to you. Just text me and let me know.

@kuyatwo wrote:
Quick update I have added my fish and corals from my old tank and so far so good. I used the bacteria that was posted earlier this month to cycle your tank in days and so far so good. Had David build me a custom ato container holds roughly twenty gallons Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
Hey Pampee what are the dimensions of this?

48" long x 30" wide 24" tall. Ato container I sold it was to tall and would back siphon into my tank and I didn't like I could clean it once a month as it was pretty heavy to move in an put of my stand

Babysitter took a picture and posted on instagram

va2ytada.jpg
alt="">

Christmas came early for me I decided to buy a Monostat Simon Varistaltic pump so so tired of messing with a needle wheel valve on my effluent three time a month, now I can take the valve off the calcium reactor and the pump will dose the ml effluent amount I want to be set at.

@kuyatwo wrote:
Christmas came early for me I decided to buy a Monostat Simon Varistaltic pump so so tired of messing with a needle wheel valve on my effluent three time a month said:
Dang it... One more thing I will need to get... Good idea though. I just setup my reactor and I am noticing fluctuations in the effluent. Set it at one thing and it settles out at another. Also, different rates for if the CO2 is currently bubbling or not (still trying to dial it in so that I don't depend on the solenoid).

Mitch

Nice, you will really like that. How is the tank doing? Any recent photo's to post. Always looking for inspiration and I know you keep some awesome corals.

Mitch are you using a ph controller? If so you really don't need to worry about bubble rate per se. I use an aquariumplants.com electronic regulator you set the bubble rate there you just need to set it just fast enough so ph controller doesn't keep the co2 going the whole time.

@hoopsdaddy wrote:
Nice said:
No new pics I haven't added anything lately as I try not to order during the holidays as I use to work for the post office and I saw first hand what temp workers handled the packages

@kuyatwo wrote:
Babysitter took a picture and posted on instagram [img]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/06/va2ytada.jpg[/img] alt=""> Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
Beautiful!!

@kuyatwo wrote:
Mitch are you using a ph controller? If so you really don't need to worry about bubble rate per se. I use an aquariumplants.com electronic regulator you set the bubble rate there you just need to set it just fast enough so ph controller doesn't keep the co2 going the whole time. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
Yeah, I run it through my reef keeper, but I would like to have it close so if it were to fail open i wouldn't have anything to worry about and it keeps the effluent drip rate constant. As I have noticed that the added pressure of the C02 increases the drip rate.

Mitch

@kuyatwo wrote:
Christmas came early for me I decided to buy a Monostat Simon Varistaltic pump so so tired of messing with a needle wheel valve on my effluent three time a month said:
Nice I never thought about using a Varistaltic pump to set my effluent rate....genius u r!! Do you ever have a problem with your effluent lines getting clogged up?

Also, that is a great picture!

No my problem is after couple weeks my effluent rate drops cause of the needle wheel getting crud in there but from what I read this will fix it

@kuyatwo wrote:
No my problem is after couple weeks my effluent rate drops cause of the needle wheel getting crud in there but from what I read this will fix it Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
Let us know how it works cuz I think that would be a great way to control your drip rate

@kuyatwo wrote:
No my problem is after couple weeks my effluent rate drops cause of the needle wheel getting crud in there but from what I read this will fix it Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
hahaha........just switch back to dosing already Pampee. [smilie=lol.gif] j/k bro

Cheers,

I find it farely easy to dial the calcium reactor in, if you just set your effluent first, and then set the bubble counter and the ph in the calc reactor. If you make a slow effluent rate, you are asking for trouble. It will clog up. You have to set the effluent to a very nice trickle. Steady flow. Then set the rest. This has worked very well for me.

@mtraylor wrote:
I find it farely easy to dial the calcium reactor in said:
I have my effluent set for 50ml per minute I check it two weeks later and it is down to 40ml. I doubt it is clogged up as i dont see any particles floating in my ca rx chamber. I have already swapped out the micro valve to a vertex needle wheel valve that pro line aquatics sold me and still get same thing. Tomorrow I am gonna clean the geo ca rx and add new media and dead corals skeletons ;(. Should be good to go have new Simon pump on place and I made an acrylic stand so it sits above the level of my acrylic drip pan in case it gets flooded