Search results

1. A

Mini MACNA - y'all going?

Are you guys going to watch the mini MACNA? I'm excited to "attend" given my rebuilding and tank upgrade. How are you guys doing with all this covid crap and your tanks? Ready to build back the community a little more again? I really am. 
  2. A

Oh hello there pretty mantis!

How have I been staring at this rock for two weeks straight and just now saw this guy? LOL So pretty. I had one in college for four years but he was much more drab compared to this brilliant green. Popping this whole rock into a 10g until I get the sump plumbed up I guess. He sure got curious...
  3. A

Armored crab of some kind

Interesting hitchiker today - shell almost convex on the back, upper “arms” of the claws flat like shoulder pads or wings. Orange small pencil eraser diameter size. thoughts? (Only live rock that wasn’t dry came from the ocean off the coat of Tampa bay) Angela 
  4. A

Angela’s 110g Reboot

starting a tank log (see my other post about the whole house flood natural disaster). Excited to be here again  My 110g tonight. (New bulbs already on the way.) love my little hitchikers corals. Nothing fancy I know but it feels SO good to have life on the living room again. Holding...
  5. A

Restarting. Missed you guys.

So it’s been I guess 18 months since I made it to a coral swap and with good reason - major house flood situation meant that we had to take down the tank in order to make the necessary house repairs. It seems crazy that I grieved my tank as much as many of the other things I lost (and we lost a...
  6. A

New LPS open brain from the frag swap

Snagged this pretty Welso open brained coral from the frag swap. Got everything acclimated and dipped yesterday and put it on the sandbed. Excuse the bad iPhone pic I'm just excited to share. alt=""> This morning it was already beginning to regain its color and opening up nicely. As soon as I...
  7. A

Gorgeous new RBTAs

At the frag swap I picked up a large chunk of live rock with two RBTA attached. Got them acclimated and put in the tank yesterday. One has stayed at the top of the rock looking fat and happy. The other left the rock and went into the cave where my tang usually hands out overnight and is barely...
  8. A

Bicolor blenny acting as a cleaner?

Has anyone ever seen a bi-color blenny act as a cleaner fish? My daughter said last night the yellow tang presented himself sideways by the rocks where the blenny likes to live and the blenny swam out and "nibbled at his fins" and then they both swam away. I didn't see it but it sounded like...
  9. A

Moved my new tank yesterday - aptasia infestation but otherw

Finally! Yesterday was the day to move our 110g tank. When we arrived they had already moved all the live rock into two large trash cans with lids, half filled with water. I was then able to put a 5g bucket directly into the tank and coax the yellow tang into one, and then the pair of clowns...