Search results

1. T

New (to me) hitchhiker. ID anyone?

I have a healthy sump teeming with awesome critters including tiny feather dusters lone and cluster varieties. A few days ago I noticed a smaller branchier type but I can't find any tube type worms with a description even remotely similar. Then I thought colonial hydroid but doesn't really look...
  2. T

Apparently my maroon clown female hates green...

Evil fish!... But a funny story. I have a white stripe female and a gold bar male and they happily host a 12-14in Sherman(who I wish would split!). When I was introducing the new couple I put a small rainbow bta next to hers for the male since they were still courting. She put her giant body...
  3. T

Please help me ID!

I noticed these nearly microscopic things on the glass in my seahorse tank. At first I thought they were some type of pods but I had only just seeded that tank with bottled pods so I looked closer and they actually look like worms. Actual Size ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421111775.327145.jpg The...
  4. T

Who moved my Duncans?!?!?

Last night when I went to bed they were here. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413389232.177357.jpg They are pretty top heavy so I could understand if they fell over but that's clearly NOT what happened!!
  5. T

Who wants Asterinas to feed their shrimp?

My Asterina population is starting to reach annoying levels but I don't want to buy a Harlequin then have to buy starfish to feed it once is knocks out my asterinas. Before I star drying them out and using them for art projects I thought I'd see if anyone wants them for harlequin food. I'm in NE...
  6. T

What is this?!?!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406080044.936823.jpg Been trying to ID this "coral/tube worm" for months. Today I just noticed the white crown? or whatever peaking out of one of them. What are these? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406080289.489113.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. T

Is this a Whelk or a good snail?!?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405082117.584668.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. T

Please help! Which sand bed gets more light?!?

My 100 gal tall (48"x 20"x 24") with 6 bulb HO t5 fixture (2-12k, 2-coral growth, 2-actinic) or My 100 gal long (60"x 18"x 20") with 4 bulb HO t5 fixture (2-12k, 2-actinic)? I have quite a few sand bed dwelling corals with different light requirements. Trying to figure out what will do better...
  9. T

Too many bristle worms!!!

I know they're good and a necessary part of a reef tank but I literally have 100's. The only ones that bother me are the few that are 1/4 in wide and 10+ inches long fully stretched out!!! I have at least two of those. Anyone have and tricks to catching some (other than the tweezers thing)? I...
  10. T

Urchin accident! HELP!

I had to break down one of my tanks and change the sand bed. I had my urchin on a gloved hand and as I lifted him from the tank he fell. Curse my reflexes! On instinct I reached out with both hands and caught him. He's fine but my ungloved hand did not fair so well. I tried to pull the spines...
  11. T

Are these GIANT Aiptasia or baby tube anemones?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401127309.339007.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. T

My Randall's goby finally found his friend!!!

After being left for a Condlyactis anemone by his St. Vincent's pistol shrimp, my poor little goby wandered the tank aimlessly guarding every crevice and hole. I got him a candy cane pistol shrimp but couldn't get him to the other side of the tank befor the tiny shrimp disappeared into a rock...
  13. T

Cute fish with an incredible story!

Our Midas blenny came to us the day we filled the tank. I opened the box of live rock and there she was lying in a tiny puddle of water gray and barely breathing. I scooped her up and tossed her in a jug of salt water. I added the rocks as fast as possible, dumped in the sand and water, then...
  14. T

Anyone know how to work this heater?!?

I got it with a used tank so no instructions. There's a button on top but I can't seem to get it to do anything. When I plug it in the display lights up and says EC I think. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397407190.485864.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. T

What is this?!?! Please help ID

It was stuck on my glass. I thought it was coralline and went to scrape it off. When I touched it, it started swimming. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396018134.069411.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396018183.984171.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396018236.835147.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk