Search results

1. K

What's a live food I can breed for moray eels?

I have two morays that have been on hunger strike for a while. I thought introducing some live food might make them happier. One of them recently ate a green chromis I had but I'm not surprised. Any ideas on what would be a good treat for them? I'm worried that they're bored. Oh they are Indian...
  2. K

Freshwater Moray Eels are upside down?

Hello! I have two Indian mud moray or freshwater moray eel. They are in a 55 gallon while I prep my 125 and build the new sump. They are almost 2 ft and are in a full marine tank. I recently moved and had to put all 55 gallons of water into various buckets along with the fish and set it up at...
  3. K

Mono Argentus behavior

Hello! I have a saltwater tank and currently have two Mono Argentus. I had three but the smallest one most likely became an eel snack :(. The two get along very well, I have never seen them fight over food or swimming space, but recently the smallest one has been acting weird. He keeps swimming...
  4. K

My fish died during introduction to tank?

I introduced two clownfish into a long established tank. Water tests all came out good. My nitrate was a little bit high but nothing disasterous. Salinity was the same too. I floated them for a bit and then decided to acclimate them by adding them into a bucket and slowley adding water from my...
  5. K

Diluting saltwater? Is that ok?

Just curious but is it ok to make saltwater extra extra salty and then dilute it to have exact control over salt levels in a tank? If I add prime to all the fresh water could I mix half extra salty water and half fresh to get a specific salinity? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just wanna...
  6. K

My tank has an outbreak. Ich, velvet, or brook. Please help me ID :(

I introduced a new starfish and two days later all of my fish are covered in a white powder. Some of them have clouded eyes. I'm not sure if it is causation or correlation. It doesn't look quite like Ich. I'm not sure what it is but I am very worried. My nitrates shot up and I think that may...