Search results

1. M

Matt & Lindsey's 300 DD Build

I see that you are wanting a recommendation on what size Iwaki pump. I would go with a reeflo snapper and if you don't need that flow, go with the dart. I use a dart on my 255. Much better pump. It uses less power, much quitter and gives off the least heat of all external pumps.
  2. M

Herbie Method

I have two 1.5" drains on my aquarium and two 3/4" returns. As I'm in the process of redoing my filtration I have decided to use the herbie method for my overflow. I have a question. Does the ball valve have to be on the vertical part of the one drain? The reason I ask, is that I would rather...
  3. M

Sched 80 2" Bulkhead

Anyone know where you can find a Sched 80 2" Bulkhead slip/slip
  4. M

Modifying Reactors

I have a next reef MR1 laying around that I have decided to modify to a recirculating reactor. I have a question about drilling the cylinder. Do you have to use a step bit, or can you use any bit to drill it? I'm looking for a clean drilled hole.
  5. M

Vertex RX-U Series Reactors

Anyone using the Vertex RX series reactors? I"m in the process of re-plumbing my whole tank, and I'm going to hard plumb my GFO reactor, and carbon reactor with PVC and possibly add my bio pellet reactor back to the system. I'm doing this due to space and reliability. I"m curious in how well...
  6. M

plumbing

I'm designing a new sump for my aquarium and I'm looking for a compact union ball valve for a reeflo dart pump. I need to get an elbow and a union ball valve and reeflo dart pump to fit within a 21" space. If anyone knows of a compact 2" union ball valve let me know.
  7. M

Pastel Chalice

I picked this unique looking pastel chalice at Neptunes cove. It has some cool colors. Not sure what it will do over the next couple months, but I like it.
  8. M

Montipora

Is this a reverse pokerstar monti? Now that I have added my fourth Led fixture, the corals that weren't coloring up for me are now starting to get real nice color. this is a green based monti with blue polyps.
  9. M

Chalice Frag growing in swirl

Well I took two tiny frags of this chalice about the size of end of pen when I got it and glued them to a disk because the pieces were hanging off the side from shipping and now they are growing into a swirl pattern. Pretty cool. I didn't know if would do that.
  10. M

ellNext Wave Chalice

Well I picked up a new coral at next wave. A nice chalice, I don't know what IT IS. I want to see how it colors up.
  11. M

Montipora's

I have a really big rock that is about 50% covered with sunset montipora, and on the other side some zoo's have resurfaced that I killed to put the monti on it. This has stopped the growth of the monti for now, and has given me some ideas. I'm curious if anyone has one rock with multiple monti's...
  12. M

The New Addition

After seeing the prettiest blue face angel fish at Neptunes some time back. I have been wavering on rather to put one in my aquarium or not. Since they are a hit or mis fish on reef safe , I was really leaning towards no, no, no. But after my copper banded butterfly A.K.A "Terminator" developed...
  13. M

LED Lighting

Well, I have read allot and heard allot about LED lighting and I think I'm going to make the plunge. I currently have a 255 gallon rimless mixed reef with 3 x400W Radium MH bulbs and two 72" super actinic bulbs over top. I'm thinking of starting the switchover with either 3 Ecotech Radion...
  14. M

OZONE

Well I'm thinking about adding Ozone to the aquairum. I wanted to ask those of you that have used them, what brands you liked over the others and pros and cons you liked with it. I'm also looking for the queitest unit as well. I plan on buying a reqular ozone unit, no bells and whistles and...
  15. M

Local Place to find Radium 400W MH SE bulbs

Is there any local places that sell 400W SE MH Radium Bulbs. I had the name of some warehouse that sells them but I lost it.
  16. M

13 Gallon Nano

Well after several weeks with the fluval edge, I have decided to go bigger. Well a little bigger, only because I have to get the tank off the counter top. [smilie=thinking.gif] So now I have decided to do a 13 gallon Nano. I found this cool 13 gallon tank and DNA called an Aqua H20 Aquarium...
  17. M

Fluval Edge Fresh Water Planted Aquarium

Well I have been looking at these aquariums a little too long at Aquatic Design, so i finally had to take the challange. I first wanted to make this little puppy a salt water tank, but after looking at the top glass....I'm thinking I wanted to make this thing fresh water so I dont have allot of...
  18. M

Australian Blue Echinata

Well I got my first Austrailan Blue Echinata. I hope it grows as fast as my ORA Echinata. The Color patern on it looks really cool. Anyone have info on how fast they grow. I hear if it lasts past 5 days after the frag, you have made it past the hard part.
  19. M

phytoplankton Reactor

Anyone running a phytoplankton reactor? Im thinking about either building or buying one.
  20. M

Found a new SPS frag (Help ID)

Well I found this really cool SPS frag. I'm wondering if anyone knows what this is?