Search results

1. M

Hawaiian Reef Live Feed

I found this the other day on YouTube. It's a live camera on a Hawaiian reef. Not a lot of corals to look at but a ton of beautiful Hawaiian reef fish.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlGuFjBqaUE
  2. M

In search of Red Planet frag

Hello,             I lost my Red Planet due to an alkalinity spike. I'd like to see if I can find it locally before I order one online.Regards,MikeW.
  3. M

Corals for sale- Grapevine

I'm trying to make some room so I have to thin the heard out a little. If interested you can PM me or text me at 81 seven- seven 0 seven- 139 seven. - Grapevine3" plate coral $60                    4" Plate coral $80          4 Pieces of WWC Paletta Tri Color$20 for the 3 smaller pieces $30 for...
  4. M

ATI 48" 6X54W DIMMABLE SUNPOWER FIXTURE $375

I purchased this three years ago. Still works perfectly. It will need new tubes. With hanging kit. $375
  5. M

Reef Octopus Classic 202-S Protein Skimmer $230

I bought this in August of 2016 but haven't used it in over a year. It was too big for my tank. It's rated for 180 gallons and up. I'm located in Grapevine near 121 and William D. Tate. You can PM me or text @ 817- seven zero seven- 1397.
  6. M

Excellent video explaining the Hawaii collection ban

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsA4usjRAHE
  7. M

Mid Cities Aquarium?

Does anyone know what happen to Mid Cities? Did they move or did they go out of business. They're not on Glade anymore.
  8. M

Co2 Supplier

Hello, I'm considering adding a calcium reactor and am wondering where everyone gets their Co2 tanks serviced? I live in Grapevine so I'd like to stay as close to home as possible. Thanks.
  9. M

Collecting Dory

This is an interesting video on the process that gets our saltwater friends to us from the other side of the world. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir2VlVEz1JE
  10. M

LED's or T5's?

Hello, I have a 120 gallon reef tank that I currently running 4 Build My LED fixtures. My tank has done fairly well but my SPS has never really thrived. I rented a PAR meter and started checking to see how my lights were doing. Basically, if I run all 4 fixtures at 100% I can get a PAR reading...
  11. M

Question for apartment reefers

We'll be moving from a house to an apartment next month. Fortunately I'll be setting up a new aquarium. What do you guys do for make up water? If you use RO units, do you hook it up to the faucet or the water hook up for your washer?
  12. M

Moving advice

Hello, We are going to be moving from a house into an apartment next month. Much to my surprise, the apartment management didn't have a problem with me having a 150 gallon aquarium on the second floor. I have never moved an active tank before and am already starting to stress about the...
  13. M

Looking for advice

Hello, I have a 150 gallon tall reef tank. This tank has been up and running for about three years. When I aquascaped the tank originally, I built the usual rock wall that had been prevalent for quite a while. Recently I had a spike in alkalinity and it caused a couple of my SPS frags to RTN...
  14. M

Getting an anemone to move.

Hello, I have a Sherman Rose anemone that is doing very well in my tank. Unfortunately, the dumb clownfish I have refuse to host it, but that's another issue. The anemone has decided to move away from where he was at and has not planted himself in the middle of where I have a number of acropora...
  15. M

150 gallon tank in an apartment

i'm curious if any of you good folks keep a larger reef tank in an apartment. My landlord has decided to sell the house we are living in and we are most likely going to end up in an apartment. I was planning on selling my tank in 2016 as we are planning a move to Maui when I retire. I don't want...
  16. M

Protecting my clam

I bought a Crocea clam about 3 weeks ago. It's right around 2 to 2.5 inches. I'm having a problem keeping it on a hard surface for the foot to take hold because my tangs swim by and have to peck at the shell. They don't go after the mantle at all but the clam always ends up on its' side. I even...
  17. M

How often do you test?

I'm just curious. How often does everyone test their tanks? Once a week? A month? Just when something doesn't look right?
  18. M

New fish collection regulations for the Hawaiian Islands

This was only a matter of time. http://www.reef2rainforest.com/2013/12/16/west-hawaii-fisheries-white-list-of-legal-aquarium-fishes/
  19. M

Reef Energy A/B

Is anyone using reef Energy A/B? If you are, do you target feed with part A or do you just pour it in the tank?
  20. M

Aquavitro Salinity users

I bought a 225g container of Salinity to try and mixed it up in my makeup can. What's the trick to getting it to clear? It's been almost 24 hours and it's still cloudy.