Search results

1. B

14g Coralife BioCube w/ Stand

OEM Leds added to hood ... includes Colbalt heater, pump$100
  2. B

3x Platinum Percula

1 ORA 1 1/2" male (was) mated to both females ... haven't seen anymore eggs since December2x 2 1/2" Female ... Maine BlizzardAll 3 best friends ... Must go together ... to home with no other clownfish.$300
  3. B

FS: Glass Cages/ 55g + Oak BS Stand/ Complete

Up and running ... all coral gone.55g (48x12.5x21)... on 30" tall Oak Bookshelf Stand/ stained black & sealedStarfire frontLive rock (no green algae) + sandRemora AquaC with skimmer boxEcoSystem Pro60 Hang on back refugiumGyre XF130Vortech MP10wMaxspect Razor R420R 160w 16000K LEDFlipper glass...
  4. B

FS: Take all Miscellaneous

New: CPR USA Larvae CollectorNew: JBJ Auto Top Off Water Level ControllerNew: Flipper for up to 1/2" thick glass or acrylic w/ 8 new extra glass bladesNew: 40lb bag CarbSea Aragonite Sea FloorNew: Lumino DX Compact Refugium 24w CF lightEverything clean ---Used: Coralife AquaLight 8 plug Power...
  5. B

FS: LED - Maxspect Razor - R420R - 300W - 16000K

$450 ...fits 4-5 foot tankMORE INFONo issues ... moving - need to sell asap, husband in Hospice.
  6. B

Platinum Clownfish EGGS

My Maine Blizzard clownfish are laying eggs RIGHT NOW for the first time. I think they wanted to lay the eggs in the *tang's* tunnel. There was encroachment and chase going on for hours yesterday ... tang won. As usual, it wasn't expected and I wasn't prepared. They are attached to a rock so...
  7. B

Seeking Skimmer Reviews From Actual Experience

First ... I'm not interested in either of the Cad Lights PLS50 skimmers. Seen it first hand, not worth it IMO. I have narrowed it down to two ... IM Aqua Gadget Ghost (Mid Size) and Hydor Slim Skim This is for my JBJ30RL and if any one has good or bad input (from experience) ... please post...
  8. B

Baby Banggai

Tonight was water change ... and in my barrel was a little itty bitty black and whitish/silver and clear thing moving. I scooped it up and it is a baby banggai. (I'll post the pic tomorrow) The only place I had to put it was in my refugium. I went searching the DT to see if there were others and...
  9. B

Big difference in gadget prices, why?

These 2 don't even come close in price ... seem to perform the same actions. Is there THAT MUCH of a difference in quality? Does anyone have either? ... (thin glass) Mag-Flip Aquarium Algae Cleaner -- http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=19866 CoralVue Flipper Cleaner...
  10. B

RPS ALL OUT

We shall see ... I just ordered a bottle from F&S. I asked about shelf life and CS responded with an expiration almost 2 years. [Reef Pest Solutions RPS ALL OUT Coral Dip is your complete dip solution for removing unwanted pests such as Acropora Red Bugs, Red Planaria Flatworms, Acro Eating...
  11. B

Grow Lights/ PAR Value

Not sure how to ask this ... It is for the refugium. The planted algae is in an area that is in inches 16x5 with a depth of 13 inches on a 3 inch miracle mud bed. Currently using a 24W CFL clamp light. I have 3 of them, but only using one. This does not seem sufficient for my Ulva -- The Chaeto...
  12. B

DEAD Live Rock Rejuvenation/ Vinegar-Bleach-Muratic Acid ???

I've spent hours reading the information at reefcentral, saltgeeks and nanoreef. Way too much *different* information to comprehend what is right or wrong -- so due to trust issues ... I will get my info here. I also frequent Marc's/ Melevsreef but didn't find anything. Over the years, I've...
  13. B

PAINT on back of aquarium ???

I neglected to order my new tank with BLACK background. ... I was so concerned about making sure I had the starfire front. Does anyone know exactly what kind of coating or paint is used on the back exterior? On my current tanks and previous, it is pretty hard. I cannot scrape it off with my...
  14. B

Have to share -- Platinum Clownfish

Equally ... I like SilverBow Aquariums as much as I do LiveAquaria. Customer service and of course the 14 day guarantee. I found SilverBow Aquariums about a year ago when searching for Platinum Clownfish. I ended up with 2 Maine Blizzards that arrived very healthy and not stressed. Beautiful...
  15. B

Sandsifting SeaStar Question

I am just wondering WHAT my sea star is doing as I've never seen the behavior before. He usually spends the majority of his days just under the sand ... coming up periodically and combing back and forth early morning and most of the night. Today he was in an odd position ... on top of sand. It...
  16. B

Please help - Breeding

I hope this is the right forum to post this ... I've never really given any thought to breeding any fish until now. In the past I had two Maroon Clownfish purchased from Live Aquaria as a *bonded* pair. About 10 months later, I had one batch of eggs. Never saw anymore eggs and the clownfish...
  17. B

Help ID

I wasn't concerned a few months ago with a few heads of this ... but having seen many items that look like it on this board and everyone saying to NUKE it ... I am needing to know exactly what I have. The heads are about 1/2 inch. The main rock that I glued in place had about 6 heads 3 months...