Search results

1. S

Dreamchip LEDs installed in DFW area?

Looking to see if anyone in the DFW area has installed Dreamchip LEDs. Can you snap some photos? Talk about your install? SPS growth? Need some info soon. Anyone out there? http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2227680 for reference. Thanks.
  2. S

Capping off old closed loop systems.

What is the best way to cap off old closed loop holes drilled in acrylic that I don't want? I do not have all of the bulkheads on hand so I would have to either glue chunks of acrylic over the holes which is outside of my hands on skill level, or buy bulkeads and cap them off with PVC and hope...
  3. S

Ceph

Imagine meeting this in person while roaming the seas. alt="">
  4. S

3 cent dosing.

You kids and your crazy $399 dosing systems. :) :) :) alt=""> Just a small hole in the bottom of the cup.
  5. S

Going blue. How fast?

The goals for my softie reef 90 are changing and I no longer want the dual 250 watt 6,500K DE bulbs that I have running on the tank. Are my corals going to stress out if one day out of the blue, "pun intended" I swap 6,500K to 14K bulbs, or should I run 10K for a while? Looking for someone with...
  6. S

Fragging a bubble coral. Bad idea?

Who here has fragged a bubble coral and lived to tell about it? Sharp band saw? What about multiple mouths? How did you keep from damaging the polyps?
  7. S

Multiple skimmers

I already know most people don't think multiple skimmers on a "moderately" sized system is a good idea but I'm going to consider it anyway for several reasons. Actually finding a used skimmer that is big enough to do the job yet fit inside of the stand is going to be impossible. I've seen...
  8. S

'Nem anniversery gift.

A year ago we purchased our first nem from a member at the Spring frag swap. This is my first split ever. Yay! New RBTA in the tank and the parent. alt=""> My theory is that it stressed when I had it out of the tank for a short period of time when I had to move some rocks around...
  9. S

New Crees

Check it out. http://www.cree.com/news-and-events/cree-news/press-releases/2012/december/mkr-intro
  10. S

Pop quiz time... WHAT THE HECK?!?!?

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! [smilie=worried.gif]
  11. S

Going to flood my house tomorrow, unless.........

Unless you plumber types take a look at my drain plumbing work and approve! Original thread is here and replies on it preferred: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=103852&p=791305#p791305 Seriously, I don't want to have to wet vac the carpet tomorrow. Any input is much appreciated. [smilie=whew.gif]...
  12. S

Filtration flow rate for the 210 gallon.

Trying to make at least some basic progress on plumbing the 210 gallon. I'm a bit concerned that the flow rate for the sump filtration is going to be a bit on the low side. I've got a Lifeguard Aquatics 5000 with a 1" MPT or a 3/4 barb. Head height is around 4.5 feet or less...
  13. S

Self contained LED array unit

Anywhere one know where to purchase Epi-star 20W Module LEDs self contained arrays? Guy on Ebay has then for $70.00 but I have no clue who he is or how he would back up a warranty. Aquarium Reef Coral LED Lamp 20W UV 400 nm Ultra Violet Purple Black Tank Light $69.96 4 negative ratings for...
  14. S

Plumbing the 210. Multiple challanges. Help needed.

I want to get my 210 going as soon as possible and I've started looking at the plumbing. Let me just say up front I'm not a plumber by any stretch of the imagination. There are only two holes drilled into the tank. A 2" drain on the right side, and a 1" return on the left. Holes are near the...
  15. S

Commercial frag tanks

Looking for suggestions for frag tanks with an open frame stand around 36 X 24 X 8-10 that are pretty much available on demand. Prefer pre drilled. Glass or acrylic is OK. No DIY setups unless they can guarantee 5 business day turn around or less pretty much year round. Ideas? Thanks.
  16. S

Nature will find a way

Like any great metropolis once you run out of space to spread out, you grow upwards! What I highlighted is vertical growth along the glass wall of the aquarium. I may need to relocate Marco's Monti real soon. [smilie=lol.gif] alt=""> Has anyone seen a monti plate up and above the water...
  17. S

Cree Arrays

Has anyone purchased and played with one of these? http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en/programmers-development-systems/eval-and-demo-boards-and-kits/2622039?k=cxa20 By my math you get the equiv of 21 Cree warm white LEDs in a single package for $50.00 including power supply and driver. I...
  18. S

Always wanted a H. Barborui?

Get your own Barbour's Seahorse today! http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/productDetail.asp?did=1&pid=845&cid=37 alt="">
  19. S

Need help: Fragging long stem frogspawn?

I picked up 2 frogspawn with blue sponge on the stems at the spring frag swap. I do not remember who had them also being fairly new to the club, it was harder to put faces with screen names. :P They have grown quite nicely and I want to frag and spread them to my other two tanks. I have at...
  20. S

Do Want!

alt=""> http://www.liveaquaria.com/DiversDen/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+4&ddid=168115 QUICK STATS Minimum Tank Size: 50 gallons Care Level: Expert Only Temperament: Peaceful Reef Compatible: No Water Conditions: 72-78? F, dKH 8-12, sg 1.023-1.025, pH 8.2-8.4 Diet: Carnivore overview Size: 7-1/2"...