Search results

1. M

Looking for Dragons breath

Looking for some dragons breath to put in display of tank.
  2. M

Fluval EVO 13.5

And so it begins after a a 10 year hiatus from the hobby. I start over with this Nano tank and will not DIY it to please the wife. I may upgrade to the intank Media baskets though. This morning the Water was crystal clear.
  3. M

What ceiling mount?

What ceiling mount should I use to hand my new Radion G2 LED. It will be for a single unit above a 20g tank. will a toggle bolt ans eye hook work?
  4. M

RODI filter white plastic broke

I just got my RODI filter system and one of the filters are cracked on the top. It's the filter it's spelt not the clear plastic chamber. Is it ok to use. alt="">
  5. M

Float valve

Is there any place locally to buy a PVC Mini Adjustable Float Valve?? I am getting an RODI and want to make a storage container for my top off water. and I want the water to auto stop filling the container.
  6. M

Help ID please

Can anyone help ID this. Do you think it could be nudibranch eggs?? alt="">
  7. M

Split Sumps

Does anyone have any thoughts on Split sumps? I have a 20H that currently has an AC 70 on it. I would like to do a sump. But the space I have to put the sump can fit 3 5.5g tanks. I am just wondering how to set it up. Any thoughts??? I do not feel comfortable building my own Acrylic tank for a...
  8. M

What blennie to get?

I am trying to figure out what type of blennie to get to help with algae control in my 20 gallon reef tank. Does any one have any suggestions? I know a law mower belemnites but I want something with a little mor color.
  9. M

Mollies for algae control

I was wondering if anyone has ever used mollies for algae control as part of a clean up crew? If so what type of mollies are the best?
  10. M

Led USA

Has anyone ever done and DIY Leds from LED USe they are on 35w in Dallas. http://www.ledcityusa.com
  11. M

Mediccby's 20 Gallon Reef tank

Ok I finally got me another saltwater tank going. I bought a 20gal tank last time Petco had their $1 per gallon sale. 10-15-22 Last week I traded an old tank for about 30 lbs. of live rock. I kept in filtered and had a power head in on it. 10-21-22 Did a small water change on the live rock to...
  12. M

2 Aqua Clear filters or 1

I have been pondering this for a few days now. I am going to set up a 20g Standard and I have 1 Aquaclear filter that I got used. I was just going to run it as a fuge. But I saw a set up with 2 Aqua Clear filters 1 was a Fuge and the other was using the filter media that came with it. What...
  13. M

Please help me Silence my Overflow!

Please help me Silence my Overflow! My wife says my tank is to loud. Which one of these methods works the best for a 55 gal tank? Hofer Gurgle Buster http://home.everestkc.net/jrobertson57268/HGB/index.html Stockman's Standpipe...
  14. M

Repair Teeth on over flow

Is there any good way to make something that will look better than mesh to fix teeth on an over flow? My overflow is in the corner of my tank. Do you think a slightly larger 90 degree triangle with 2 sides with teeth that would fit over the over flow would work? Maybe something like my crappy...
  15. M

Mediccby's first Reef tank

Mediccby's first Reef tank September 9, 2011 Got my first 55 gallon Aquarium. Tank is now set up and the Cycling has started. alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> September 10, 2011 The sand has settled alt=""> Purchased 7 lbs of live rock form Saltwater Paradis in Irving. alt=""> Tank with...
  16. M

New to Saltwater Tanks

Hello ya'll I just wated to introduce my self. I am Scott and am new to the saltwater world. I will be getting my tank Friday and the journey will begin then. I go a great deal off of craigs list so I thought its time to start my first saltwater tank. I have had a little 10g Fresh water for...