Search results

1. B

300g DAS AQUARIUM/SUMP/LIGHTS/EQUIPMENT

We're having to move across the country and I'd much rather sell this tank in Texas than move it. I have over 8 years of aquarium supplies and extras, so if you see something in the pictures that isn't listed, please ask, odds are that it is for sale too.2.5 yr old tank, stand, canopy, PVC drip...
  2. B

DAS 290 TANK/STAND/CANOPY plus ALL EXTRAS

There are TONS of extras (QT tanks, extra pumps, chemicals, food, lights, etc.  DAS: https://www.dasaquariums.com/collections/aquariums/products/deco-aquarium-line?variant=15950532678 The tank is [98"L x 26" W x 29" H]   DRY GOODS 2.5 yr old Tank, stand, canopy, PVC drip pan (From DAS, warranty...
  3. B

290 Gallon Part-out - FISH/CORAL/LR

I really hate to do this, but we are moving to Oregon and will be living in a small space until we find a house. I'm unable to bring my tank and livestock, so I'm selling them. I'd really like to sell them all at once, but if that is not possible, I will sell separately. I need the rock to be...
  4. B

Healthy 3" Yellow-Eye Kole Tang

I've decided to go a different route with fish, so this guy unfortunately has to go. He has been in QT since he came in from BlueZooAquatics, 2 weeks ago. I QT with Prazipro and Cupramine. No signs of disease when he came in nor now.$40Pick up in Forney 75126
  5. B

Jebao Doser DP-4

I just picked this up yesterday from another local. I was going to use it for auto water changes, but it's not going to provide the volume/day I need for my 350g system, so I'll let someone else put it to good use. $50 pick up in Forney 75126
  6. B

FS: Filter Socks and Brackets 4" $25

Unused filter socks and brackets for sale. Included are 2x 4" filter socks and 2x 4" brackets.Will take $25 or trade for a sea hare.Pick up in Forney 75126.   
  7. B

WTB: Sea Hare

I figure this is a long shot, but does anyone over on the east side of the metroplex have a sea hare they would let me buy/borrow for a couple weeks? My 300 is out of control with hair algae and I figured I'd work on fixing it : )
  8. B

Ich on All Fish

Hello all, Skip to bottom for question. I've had a reoccurring saga of ich over the last year or so: I bought a bunch of fish from 3 different sources. Two of the groups I QTed, then the other group came from a trusted place and I didn't. Obviously the trusted place wasn't to be trusted and...
  9. B

Flukes or Anchor Worms or Copepods or...?

Could someone please tell me what the heck these things are? I've just noticed them crawling all over the glass. You'll notice a couple have long thread-like tails, some don't. I recently treated the tank (two doses) with PraziPro for flukes and I've just removed all the fish for ich treatment...
  10. B

Brad's 290 DAS Upgrade

Finally! I am able to start my "dream" tank! I went from a 30g to 55g to 115g to 150g....then came a move across the metroplex. I saved a piece of almost everything in my tank, along with a couple fish. Unfortunately, 90% of the livestock died. I asked for help taking care of what little I had...
  11. B

MP10ES Sound

Hey guys, My MP10 is producing a high pitched sound occasionally. I'm thinking it's the wet side acting up, maybe a bearing going bad? Is there anyone who has any experience repairing wet sides of Vortechs? Is there anything else that could be the culprit? Thanks in advance!
  12. B

Feeding Ring

I'm trying to set up automatic feeding to keep fish fat while I'm away for a couple days at a time. My auto feeder does pellets but unfortunately the 'sinking' pellets float long enough to go into the overflow and down not the sump. I've tried several locations along the top with still most...
  13. B

KILLING Xenia

I figured I'd make a new post chronicling my Fluke Tab attempt to exterminate my 3 kinds of Xenia. I currently have hundreds if not thousands of stalks of purple Xenia, a couple dozen white Pom Pom Xenia (my favorite, would keep if I could), and a few stalks of the brownish red 'climbing' Xenia...
  14. B

SPS Growing Flat

I've got a couple SPS colonies that seem to be growing horizontally more than vertically. Why is this? alt=""> alt="">
  15. B

How to KILL Xenia?

I need some massive Xenia extermination. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of this stuff? I have tried injecting Kalk paste into the bases. Little things are resilient!
  16. B

Raising Mysis Shrimp

Does anyone have any experience raising these little critters? I've read that multiple tanks and specialized diets are the only way to really keep them alive, but Marine Depot seems to think you can just throw some in your refugium and start a population. Would like to know if seeding a fuge...
  17. B

Fish Eggs or ....?

What is this? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343167537.085574.jpg
  18. B

Brad's 150G In-Wall Build

I've finally been convinced to start one of these build logs. I've learned so much from reading others' logs and I hope others will learn (mostly of what not to do) through mine : ) I started this hobby about a year and a half ago with a 30gal, then progressed to a 55g, then to my current tank...
  19. B

Foam Background, Yay or Nay?

I've been researching pond foam backgrounds for my 150g build. I've read posts of several people who complain of possible Phosphate leakage from the pond foam over time. Figured I'd see if anyone here has built a background and had trouble with Phosphate or any other issue. Thanks!
  20. B

Good Crab/Bad Crab

So what is he? I'm thinking a Gorilla Crab (eats coral). He's quarantined until further analysis. Xanthid species? http://www.chucksaddiction.com/hitchcrabs.html