Search results

1. J

Alveopora Critter?

Does anyone know what this is sticking out of our Alveopora? My gut feeling is to cut off and superglue it closed.
  2. J

(11) 20T & (1) 20L

We have (11) 20G tall and (1) 20G Long aquariums that we’d like to get $100.00 or possible trade. They’re new and were bought during the dollar per gallon sale. They’ve been stored in the garage for about 2.5 years.
  3. J

ID Please on Live Rock

I’m not sure what these are and would appreciate some help if anyone can. The green spot is smaller than a #2 pencil eraser and the individual polyps (?) are smaller than a pin head. The orange spot is about the size as three #2 pencil erasers and does not look like polyps to me. They really...
  4. J

Livestock Suggestions

Looking for suggestions on what fish we could add to a 35” x 27” x 23” (LxWxH). Not sure that the tank size will allow Anthius but was thinking that we might be able to get away with Chromis. We aren’t very well versed in SW fish so any suggestions are appreciated even if they aren’t Chromis /...
  5. J

JRM’s Cade Reef 900 S2 Build

I’ve been in the fish hobby for 35 some odd years, mostly fresh except for a short stint with salt about 20 years ago. We currently have about 40 freshwater fish tanks and Caridina shrimp tanks. We are adding a CADE 900 S2 LPS / Zoa tank to the fish room. Below is a list of equipment and...
  6. J

LFS That Quarantine

Are there any local fish stores that quarantine their fish or offer to at additional cost?
  7. J

Rock Work / Powerhead Opinions

Please take a look at the pics and give your opinions of how the rock is stacked. I want to make sure that the fish will have plenty of hiding spots and that there will be enough flow through the rock as well. If you have any suggestions for the placement, type and size of powerheads that would...
  8. J

Stocking List Opinions Please

It apears that I have been bitten by the SW bug after doodling w/FW for years, lol. Well, I have got the tank set up with sand and water flowing through the PVC. While I was waiting on my live rock (100 - 150lbs) I figured that I might as well put a stock list together and get some feed back. I...
  9. J

Bulk Head

Does anyone know where to find a 1 1/4" - 1" bulk head on valentines day? I am pretty sure my wife would rather have the leaks fixed than the flowers, choclates and romantic dinner. Thanks.
  10. J

Live Sand Type

I am in the process of putting a list together of equipment, live rock, and live sand and will be posting it at a later date for suggestions. I have seen several types of live sand available for sale. For ex: Florida, Fiji, Caribbean and others. Is there any real difference in what their uses...