Search results

1. P

Does anyone still use DFWMAS.org?

I have been away for a year or two and came back got a new membership and I’m trying to sell some stuff and it seems like no one is on this site anymore.  I remember when I used to post Corals and tanks  and people would talk.  Whats happened to DFWMAS. Cant even use Tapttapatalk app anymore...
  2. P

90 Gallon Complete reef tank setup. No Stand lots of extras

I am moving in the near future and have a nice tank for sale. This tank was a bought at North Dallas aquarium and custom built in the wall.Location is Forney TX. 500$ for everything you see. Complete reef setup without stand.90 gallon DSA Tank 24x24x36 with 3 holes internal overflow, Trigger...
  3. P

Live rock 40#

I have cured pest free live rock from my tank for sale. 80$ pickup in Forney  tx.text me or pm @ 972-946-6966 
  4. P

Live rock 40#

I have cured pest free live rock from my tank for sale. 80$ pickup in Forney  tx.text me or pm @ 972-946-6966 
  5. P

Tank Equipment for sale

I had a 260 gallon aquarium and downsized a year back and I have equipment that I'm not using on my new tank.Full GEO 618 calcium reactor setup. Full 10# tank, reef fanatics ph controller and regulator. 400$BRS 5 stage 150 RODI water saver system with booster pump. Need new brs...
  6. P

Need advice on color spectrum forAI Hydra

I am stocking sps and I am looking to get the best visual color out of the lights. If you have the AI hydra series and you have really good sps let me know what you have your levels of colors at. Is like to test different spectrums. Thanks, Pjracer Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. P

Reef Cleaners Shipment. :)!!!

Good Morning everyone. Its Snowing. Awesome!!! Ok now my real topic. Reef Cleaners. I Just received my 20 Long order from John. I'm always excited when i open it up and i have extras. I reread whats included in the 20 Long and i got what i asked for but he always includes extras and were not...
  8. P

So someone please tell me what's going on with my tank?

So about a month ago I started up a frag tank. It is just a 20 gallon with a 10 gallon sump. If been in the hobby for 7 years and never seen this before. I have done 75% water changes still water gets greener. All my parameters where the need to be. Let me know what you think. alt="">
  9. P

Canopy Slide Railing

Does anyone know where I can pick up some aluminum slide railing. I want to mount my LED lighting to a bracket that I can slide back and forth to position mu lights. I have been searching the web but have not found what I am looking for yet. Thanks Peter
  10. P

Herbie on a dual overflow

So recently I was turned on to the herbie style overflow. Problem is my setup is a dual overflow setup. Is it possible to have the emergency overflow on one side and the herbie n the other overflow. Looking for ideas because my tank can use some silencing. Let me know what you think. Peter
  11. P

What do you set your calcium reactor too..

I just set up my reactor yesterday and I can't find what to set my starting ph at. I am using reborn calcium but it doesn't say what to set it for on the package. I ran a Internet search and found a article from bark that said on his 250 he set it to 7.5 and his 400 to 6.2. Rite now I have it...
  12. P

BRS RO/DI 150 gallon water saver

On Monday I ordered my new RO/DI unit. I have to say I feel like the company I bought my last one from Spectrapure really wasn't the best company to buy my unit from. They made a great unit I am not knocking the product at all. Here's where I am going with this. I just unpacked my new RO/DI and...
  13. P

Is it cheaper too..

Refill co2 @ a LFS or somewhere else? 10# at fish gallery is 32$. Not breaking the bank but every penny counts.
  14. P

Camera for Apex

Is their a recommended camera to use with the apex?
  15. P

What's my name.

What is the name of the piece or adapter that goes on the end of the black return water going back to the tank. It is sa posed to cause some kind of erratic flow. It attaches to the lockline.
  16. P

What could be causing this brown algae?

My tank has been fine and in the last month my tank started to develop this brown algae. I blow it off with my blaster but seems like the next day it's back. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362115092.805582.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362115111.877794.jpg I have 6 1600 flow magnum power heads in the...
  17. P

Help with tank flow

Hey everyone I need some help. I have a 7 ft x 24 x 31 inch deep tank. I am seeing detrus accumulate around the tank and I know it's due to dead spots from water flow. I am using 4 hydor evaluation magnum 5 power heads rated at 1650 gallons per hour. I would like to know how I can position them...
  18. P

Steve's LED order help

I am ordering from Steve's LED and i am in the dark on what type of LED color i want. I know i want the 20k Spectrum but i also wanted to include the red's, Green's and deep blue's. The package I am having built for me is the SPS pack with 126 3 watt leds. Acording to the website to get the 20k...
  19. P

280 gallons. Dose or calcium reactor.

I am upgrading my lighting to led and also on my list is to switch to a better doser or go all in on a calcium reactor. I am going for a sps tank. I have most all sps now but my tank is still growing. I like the idea of the calk reactor. Looking for help deciding. Thanks Peter.
  20. P

My DIY Skimmer silencer

Good mornign, I though I would share this quick and easy change i made to my Reef Octopus Skimmer. I have my skimmer set where for my tank it skims a great deal of yuk from the tank and the output sits above the water line. because of this you hear alot of noise. The below change took less than...