Search results

1. M

Tunze 9002 issues

my Tunze 9002 was working fine for a few days, until last night it bubble but doesn't pull any skimmate out. im still trying to figure out the blue knob (airline i think). Plz any advice would help..... i dont have the manual since i bought it used
  2. M

frag rack questions

ive been trying to make a frag rack, Hot glueing a peice of eggcreate to smagnet cleaner. Ive glued it twice and it feel off both times. Im thinking of attaching it to pvc and placing it into the sand. Not sure what to do, maybe just buy one of these sleek looking frack racks...
  3. M

Lights BURNED OUT NEED HELP

i have an odyessa 175W fixture and ballast. i thought the bulb burned out but it turns out the wiring in the HQI to the balast is screwed up. i do have some sps so im in desparate need of fixing it or replaceing it. No lights on the the tank since i got back from the meeting.... i dont know what...
  4. M

Help me understand HQI Kelvin.....

As some of you know im transitioning my tank into an sps tank. Ive bought a Odyssea 175W Metal Halide fixture. Im getting ready to buy my first bulb. So i need to get some advice on what brands, and Kelvin. Im looking for a 175W double ended bulb, but not sure if i need 10K, 15K, or 20K. What...
  5. M

Tunze 9002, who stands by it?

been contemplating getting a tunze 9002, or a hang-on octopus skimmer. Ive been asking around on nano-reef.com, and many people have stood by the tunze. And i have a couple friends who stand by the octopus hang on skimmer, like zjohns. So Before i spend a bunch of money on one i want to know...
  6. M

Questions for a First timer, dealing with Metal Halides.

I just got a my first MH fixture, Odyssea HQI 175w (thanks catphish), and ive got some questions. Catphish says that the bulb is 150W, but the Ballast is 175W... 1. Does that mean i need to buy a 150W or 175W bulb. And what is a good inexpensive bulb to start buying? 2. Moving into sps, whats...
  7. M

whats the best Epoxy to bind coral to rock?

some you can use underwater.... thats conveniant :wink:
  8. M

Sea Hair Questions

im slowly but surely making my transition toward sps. Right now im having trouble with hair algae, so thinking of getting a small sea hair. im scared if i put him in there and he eats all the hair algee, when he is done he will die (24 gallon tank). Ive read that they release toxins, and kill...
  9. M

Aquafuge advise

Im wanting to get an aquafuge for my aquapod, its around 20" long and 19.5" tall. but wondering if i should get one with a bulid-in skimmer or just put a skimmer in there. Like the Tunze Nano 9002 my choices are this...
  10. M

24 aquapod Makeover

Well i said i would never But i am. :roll: Im going to ditch the pc stock lighting and ugrade to the 150 HQI Sunpod. Im going to sell of my softies, except my zoa and paly collection of course, and get more rock and some sps. Im wanting to explore chalices, like the bubblegum monster and this...
  11. M

And I begin my Upgrade Dilemma.....Which is Better?

:? My pc lighting in my 24 gallon aquapod is making me nervous. Its been making alot of noise lately, kinda making nervous about it burning out or something. Well i always said i would upgrade, i guess i will be soon. But my Dilemma is the SunPod HQI Metal Halide...
  12. M

Wrasse digging under sand...

ok tonight after next wave i stoped by my usual store and i pickup a gorgous green coris wrasse (my third attempt with a wrasse, ive had a sixline and mystery both completly disappear). this time i did a 2 hour acclimaion just to be sure then gently then the little guy go. He almost imidiatly...
  13. M

IS 70W MH good enough for what i want to use it for?

Is 70W MH is it strong enough for some sps. I keep softies, favoriting palys and zoas. I want to get one so my zoas and palys will grow bigger and spread more. Also im iterested in some birdsnest and a chalace or two. Like bubblegum monster or superman monti. I guess im asking if 70Watts is...
  14. M

Raising Zooplankton

so over the past couple months ive been thinking about raising some type of food source for my fish and coral. ive been thinking about starting a phyto culture, and triggerpods. i love soft corals, mainly zoas and palys. And i have a beloved spotted manderin, aka my picky eater. so im looking...
  15. M

Naked clownfish

i want one, better yet a pair. :wink: does anybody have any? are they different from other clownfish, except for apperiance?
  16. M

Feather duster and others going missing?

A few months ago i bought a six line wrasse, and i disapeared within the first day. I waited for 8 days then, broke down the rock stack and every thing to find it. I couldn't find it. :cry: so about three days ago i got a mysetery wrasse, i think. well it also disapeared the first day, hmmm...
  17. M

Raising Arctipods or triggerpods

so i bought some arctipods from the LFS, so i can feed them to my manderin. i was wondering if there is any technique to raising these little guys, that anyone knows of. im planing on starting a small closet culture of phyto, so i figure maybe i can raise some pods also. not sure witch would be...
  18. M

Turbo Snails dying, overnight.

ok so i found one shell empty, and one of my hermits in another. my tank only has 3 so i think i still have one. my amonia is 0, im confused, whats going on? i see them everyday cleaning.
  19. M

Took the plunge, got first Nem.....

i got my first Nem today, its pretty cool little guy 8) . i thought i would try one out (after thinking long and hard of course, and i finaly went for it. i picked him out for $7, then i noticed he had a crab to. the poor little guy didnt want me to take his home. so i bought both :D Both where...
  20. M

Yellow Finger Gorgonian

one of my favorite corals ive seen so far. i got one, YESSS! :D its difficult, so i hear, i just couldn't pass up the deal. ive seen one of the same size go for $60-70, i got mine for $15 get this..... at Petco! :lol: he just has a bad limb, thinking of fragging it off. if any of you have any...