Search results

1. H

Pump water to 2nd floor?

Anyone have experience running water to a second story? I've decided I would like to set up my 30ish gallon DSA tank in my bedroom. The tank will be on the second floor, right above my 120 that is downstairs in the den (share the same wall). Ideally, I would like to plumb this smaller DSA...
  2. H

If only ONE...which Wrasse?

Well, my Potters wrasse is no longer with us. The sucker somehow found his way to my sump and then into my return pump in less than 24hours. So...my question to you all is, if you could only have one wrasse....what would it be? I only want one to keep my bioload in check. The tank is a 120...
  3. H

Lawnmower Blenny Compatibility

Will a Lawnmower Blenny do OK in a tank with a Scooter Blenny, Leopard Wrasse, and diamondspot goby? I've got a few other fish...but these are my sand dwellers...
  4. H

Red Bug Question

Well, I've got red bugs in my 60 gallon. I dip my corals...but have never used Interceptor in my dipping. Never had pest issues until these red bugs. I am in the process of stocking my new 120 gallon. All I have in it is rock, fish and some inverts....all from a different tank. Nothing from...
  5. H

Hoss's 120 Gallon Build

This one is long over due, but I wanted to get it rolling. Tank will be predominantly SPS with a few LPS as well. I dont have everything hooked up yet and functional, but the tank has been cycling for a few weeks and I am getting the smaller stuff done as time permits. Here are the specs thus...
  6. H

Internal Return Pump Recommendations

I am torn on which return pump to use on my new system. I was going to go external and use a Dart, which would be PLENTY, but I do not have room to make that work. So, I need to find an Internal Pump that fulfills my needs and thought I would ask you fine folks. Here is a list of what this...
  7. H

Plumbing Question/Advice Needed

I want to try and plumb my tank tank this weekend but need some advise. It is a 120 gallon tank with a center overflow. Inside the overflow there are 4 holes and each one is drilled for a 1" bulkhead. If I had my way, two of them would have been 1.5" for drains.....but such is life. Anyway...
  8. H

RO/DI Placement Question

So, I am trying to setup my ro reservoir out in the garage to free up space in the laundry room. I can either leave the RO/DI in the laundry room like I have it now (connected with the washer output) and run a line about 40 feet to the 55 gallon barrel I have in the garage, or I can put the...
  9. H

VHO and T5 on the same IceCap 660?

I want to run 2 48" T5's and 2 48" VHO's (super actinic) in conjunction with my halides. Can I run these 4 bulbs off the same 660 ballast? Thanks.
  10. H

Sump Guidance and Layout

I just bought a 120 and the below sump came with it. I've never seen one like this before but it might have potential. Total dimensions are 36 x 18 x 19 high. What are everyone's thoughts? - Should I take out that black plastic that the previous owner used as a refugium and silicone in a tall...
  11. H

Confirm Worm I.D. Please

Can anyone confirm for me that this is a hair worm? Most of what I have read said they are good for your system, but I've noticed that their "tentacles" go up into my zoanthids that are on the ground. Does not seem to be bothering the zoas yet, but I dont want them to start. What do you...
  12. H

Removing Aiptasia from a Clam?

I rescued a clam from a local LFS and it is doing very well. Unfortunately, there are two Aiptasia on the shell. They have doubled in size in the last few weeks. They are touching the "meat" of the clam and not doing any damage as far as I can tell, but I want them gone. How would you folks...
  13. H

Cleaning a Used Tank...opinions wanted

Hey guys. Just bought a 120 gallon and need to clean it up. It has two overflows and there is gunk and nasty stuff that I can not reach. Would it be ok to fill this tank up with water, add 1-2 gallons of muriatic acid to it and let it sit for 24 hours? I'd leave it in my backyard. Where can...
  14. H

Anenome ID Please

Is this a Rock Anenome? I bought this tank fully stocked and this anenome was on a huge 12lb rock or so with a ton of mushrooms. I did not think much of it but as the tank settled in, so did the anenome. He used to be a pale pink but now is a vibrant red/pink with a green mouth area. He is...
  15. H

IceCap 430 Wiring Help Please

This is driving me nuts. I can not get this wiring right. I am trying to wire up two 46.5inch VHO Actinics to the 430 and the bulbs will not fire. I have two 430 ballasts and neither of them will work, so I think my wiring is wrong. Can anyone tell me if the wiring harness for the 660 and...
  16. H

To seperate or no?

Should I seperate these two? The big one was damaged in a minor rock slide and the baby green one is getting bigger. I am thinking about seperating them, but not sure yet. alt=""> Hoss
  17. H

2 Fish Id's Please

Can you guys help me out in with these these two guys? Thanks. I know this is a wrasse of some sort, but I'm not sure which. The pictures I can find of a leopard wrasse do not look like this guy. I'll try to get a better picture later. alt=""> This guy has really cool spots on his face...
  18. H

Plumbing 101 - Help Me Please (lots of pictures)

I need some help with the plumbing of my tank. I am beyond dense when it comes to PVC and really need some hand holding here as I want to get this right the first time. I'm probably making this more difficult than it really needs to be, but I am pretty paranoid. Recently I purchased a full...
  19. H

Frag Disks from Lowes?

I was in Lowe's the other day and found some square (1"x1") stone pieces designed for mosaic work I think. There are like 124 of them on this sheet and it only cost like $9.98 or something. There is no glaze on them and they range in color from a dull white to a grey color. I do not have them...
  20. H

Lighting Schedule Confirmation & Actinic Bulb Help

Howdy. I have recently come into a Lagoon Style tank that I will post pictures of in a few days when it is all set up, but I have a few lighting questions for you guys. It came with 2x250w MH pendants (20k XM SE) run off their own ballasts (ARO). I had planned on running each bulb for...