Search results

1. A

Phyto Reactor

So, Is it possible to build a phyto reactor? From my understanding, when you start a phyto culture, you need to harvest it within 5-10 days to both prevent them from starving to death, and from overpopulating. But what If I set up a chamber that would drip saltwater from my tank into the...
  2. A

AquaController - set up signature

Can anyone point me to a place to go so I can set up a signature that will contain my current reef info?
  3. A

Aqua Controller APEX - Iphone issues, and more... help

So after 2 days of jacking with the Verizon FIOS router, I found a way to disable their supplied router, and use my own router to connect directly to the verizon server. Woohoo, after I bypassed the VZ router, setup took about 2 minutes, and not the APEX is accessable from the internet! (CAn...
  4. A

Any one had success with a clown tang?

As the title states. If so, what do you thing it is that contributed to your success?
  5. A

WOW!! Green Brittle Star Leg Alive after 1 Week!!

So, my green brittle star lost a leg last week, I noticed after I saw the leg moving, but the star fish was on the opposite side of the tank... Will this turn into a new starfish?' Its been a week, and this leg is still moving and eagerly accepted food tonight... although, i don't know what it...
  6. A

Goby ID

Anyone able to ID this Goby? Sorry for the lousy pics, its an iphone... alt=""> alt=""> alt="">
  7. A

Why can't you add Kalkwasser directly to tank

==Why? Why do you have to mix it, let it settle, then use the water column mixture (and not the top/bottom layers)? Kalk reactors keep mixing up the stuff that settles, until it is all gone... Is it because there is an extreme chance for overdosing? If I have calculated that a tsp of Kalk...
  8. A

Anyone know Places in new orleans to catch Inverts?

Anyone know any good beaches or places to catch peppermint Shrimp or reef hermits? Were in new orleans till Monday and would like to hang out at a nice beach and maybe bring a few things home...
  9. A

any way to mesh-mod a mag drive pump?

Is there any way to mesh-mod a mag drive pump? I have a Kent Nautilus Skimmer with one of the vernturis that goes on the intake of the pump and sucks air into the pump intake, want to mesh-mod it to get some better bubble action. I know how to mod needle wheel pumps, but don't know how to...
  10. A

How to Recover after dosing interceptor

I am planning on ridding my tank of red-bugs, and will do so using interceptor... But I have a very diverse population of snails/crabs/bugs/pods, If I understand correctly Interceptor will kill all of these... How should I recover? How long does it take to successfully kill red bugs, and for...
  11. A

What is Ensanada Water? $500 per gallon...

http://www.glass-holes.com/product.sc?categoryId=5&productId=152
  12. A

Acanthastrea - How to tell them apart?

Anyone know what the differences are in acans? Lordhowensis Bowerbanki, I know theres more... Whats the differences? How do you tell whats what?
  13. A

melev RODI unit

I have a melev RODI unit, Currently when I use the RODI setup as instructed by Marc the ASOV shuts off the unit once enough back pressure is built up after you shut off the good water output. This way the whole system is pressurized when your not making water... Why not put a valve on the...
  14. A

pistol or mantis clicking in my tank - how do i find/remove?

I hear clicking coming from my 150gal reef... How do I find the shrimp doing it? I can't keep peppermint shrimp... I'm assuming the clicker is killing them...
  15. A

Tang Compatability - An evenings research

Gone.
  16. A

My new Triggers for my reef :D

Pink Tail Trigger alt=""> Blue Throat Trigger - Male I think? alt=""> The pink tail has been in for about 6 weeks The blue throat, after a rude hello from the pink tail, if finally coming out and being social. Been in 3 days.
  17. A

Red Bugs, I dipped - Results

So, through my lack of knowledge and effective prevention, I managed to get red bugs. I did some reading, didn't have Lugol's solution, and read several places that a 1-3 minute freshwater dip would be effective in treating red bugs. Well, it was. Very effective, and no trace of the bugs (3...
  18. A

New plumbing, where to dump

So, I have a sump and a refugium (triggersysatems), both have water inputs. I have a Remote Deep Sand Bed, External Skimmer, and tank overflow with outputs. I will have the tank drain into the sump. Should I have the RDSB or the skimmer or both drain into the refugium? Or does it even matter...
  19. A

New UVL T5-HO Bulbs, 75/25 14000K, reviews

Anyone used them yet? They are 75% Super Actinic and 25% full spectrum daylight and produce approximately 14000K. They look like a good bulb choice, will soon be trying them but curious if anyone has already done so... I will be growing primarily LPS, but also a few select SPS pieces as well...
  20. A

X-10 Components for Reef Controllers

Are X-10 components universal? Or do I have to buy one specifically made for the aquadyne octopus 3000?