Search results

1. N

CPR HOB refugium- small

Comes with stock pump and a light. Grows chaeto very well. Can also come with some chaeto if you like. $120. Waxahachie.
  2. N

Free assassin snails- found a new home

I have around 10-15 freshwater assassin snails free to good home. Great for controlling pest snails. Pickup in Waxahachie or Midlothian. No holds, first come first serve. Want them to all go together.
  3. N

Need live brine ASAP

I ran out of my normal brine shrimp eggs and my backup eggs are not hatching (I ordered these off amazon but they had good reviews). I am needing live brine immediately. I have some copepods but not much. Does anyone happen to have any live brine I could purchase from you or know where I could...
  4. N

Looking to rehome a discus

Anyone keeping discus? I have a 4 or 5" turquoise red I would like to rehome. I'm not looking to make any money, but would like it to go to someone already keeping discus, so it can be part of a group and receive the proper care. I've had this fish for several years, used to have a group of them...
  5. N

Adding a BTA

I am supposed to be getting a new bubble tip anemone this weekend (my first). How do you add these to an established reef? I have read they like to move around until they find a spot they like. But when they do this, don't they harm other corals in the process? How do you prevent this from...
  6. N

Great article

Here is a great article from coral magazine on the maxi mini carpets. Thought I'd share in case some of you hadn't seen it. http://www.coralmagazine-us.com/content/mini-carpets-perfect-small-sea-anemones
  7. N

lighting question

How does 2 18 watt t5 bulbs compare to 2 40 watt pc bulbs? Because don't the t5 actually put out more light per watt then power compacts or how does that work? I see it says t5 high output has nearly double the output per lumen. Does that mean it would really put out around 70 watts?
  8. N

how to remeove silicone from glass?

I got an aquarium from someone who had siliconed the sides of it. I am trying to remove it. I scraped it off with a razor blade, but its not a clean scrape. There is still a film of silicone that I cannot get off. Is there something I can use to get it off? Something that would not harm fish...
  9. N

captive bred seahorses

I used to have a group of dwarf seahorses for about a year. I gave them up when I was hospitalized during pregnancy because I knew no one in my family would cultivate BBS for them every day. I have read claims on different websites that captive bred seahorses (not dwarf seahorses) and pipefish...
  10. N

how to place new clam

I got a small maxima clam this weekend and I have tried to set him up on the upper half of my rockwork, but he keeps tilting over or rolling down. How to I put him to where he will stay in one place?
  11. N

sexy shrimp eating my acans

I got a trio fo sexy shrimp a couple weeks ago. I noticed a few days ago that a head was missing off my acan frag. I wasn't sure what was going on. Now, I am just watching one of my sexy shrimp working on another head on the same frag. He's just picking it off an eating it! I've had this acan...
  12. N

my first SPS

I recently upgraded to metal halide lighting and am wanting to start dabbling in SPS. I acquired a birdsnest frag last week and it is doing really well- polyps are fully extended, good color, and pale on the very tips showing new growth. I am wanting to add a few more frags but don't know which...
  13. N

Unknown zoa , can some id

Don't know what they are called, but I have some in my tank that I got from Neptunes Cove a while back, so maybe someone from there would know what they are. Or have you tried zoaid.com?
  14. N

what can be used as a stand?

What can support a 34 gallon aquarium? I don't want to buy a new stand, and I can't seem to find a used one for sale by itself. Can a TV stand be used, since its made for heavy weight? What about dressers that are solid wood and well made?
  15. N

anyone have a solana?

I am getting a new tank this week, a Solana, and I was wondering what those of you who have them think about them. I am upgrading from a JBJ nano-cube,and I've didn't make any upgrades to it. So, a lot of the things included in the Solana I have never had before, such as a protein skimmer. I was...
  16. N

ballast problem??

I have a jbj nano cube and it has two sets of lights in the hood (standard lighting). One went out, so I went and got a replacement today and put it in, but it didnt work. To check if it was that bulb, I put the new bulb into the other light socket and it worked. I checked the other bulb that...
  17. N

clownfish has something in its mouth

Last night my clownfish was fine, I did a water change, and this morning it has something hanging out of its mouth. It looks like a single brown thread coming out of his mouth, then it splits off on the end with some fuzzy things hanging off the end (this is the end thats not in the mouth). Wish...
  18. N

flatworms

About two months ago, I guess I introduced flatworms to my tank on a frag and they have been multiplying ever since. They are the very small, rust colored ones I hear people talking about on the forum a lot. Well, today, I saw one that is deffinitly a different kind. It is way bigger- almost a...
  19. N

filtration advice

My 24 gallon nano cube been up for about 7 months now. Two days ago I removed the two big rectangular sponges from my back chambers because of detritous buildup and possibly nitrate buildup. Now, I have lots of free-floating particles in my water and there's nothing to trap them. I do not use a...
  20. N

ricordea

Can a ricordea be cut in half and both sides live? Or does only the side with the mouth live?