Search results

1. L

Two different fish

Ok so I was off today and thought I would go get some new fish food from one of the LFS's here in Plano. I bought the food and picked up a green mandarin. Got back home and started floating the bag and the fish was on his side. Let it float and noticed that the fish was breathing really heavy...
  2. L

First nem split

I have had a few nems and lost them all and thought I would try one again. About a year and a half ago I ended up getting one from Mike. It found its foot in a good spot and the clowns love it. Well the other night I was looking at it and thought, this is odd, why is it moving. Well low and...
  3. L

ID's on these please

1. Zoas http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/gallery/image_page.php?album_id=150&image_id=1631 2. Mushroom http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/gallery/image_page.php?album_id=150&image_id=1630 3. Chalice http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/gallery/image_page.php?album_id=150&image_id=1629
  4. L

Pool safe + phosfree

Has anyone ever used Pool safe + phosfree. This is what it states on the bottle and I was not sure if it was the same as Phosfree or not.
  5. L

bryopsis algae

OK all I wanted to write a bit about this nasty algae as I have been fighting it for over a year now. I noticed it last January 2011 and start ready on how to get rid of it. I searched and asked and read on how to get rid of this stuff and everything pointed to Kent Tech M. Well I bought 2 half...
  6. L

Sick Fish Care

Here is a slide show that I thought we could all use sometime throughout our time in this hobby.
  7. L

unknown algae

I have this that is growing in the tank and have not a clue what it is. It almost seems like bubble algae without the pods but it are almost like a lettuce looking as well. The leaf does not get that long but do intertwine with each other. It is growing mainly on a rack I have in the tank but...
  8. L

po4 in RO/DI water

I was wondering what the reading should be in DI water as I thought it should be pure water and nothing in it. Will po4 pass through this and if it does where should I check to make sure it is not getting through. I have a reading of 0 with a TDS meter and now I have checked for po4 and I am...
  9. L

AC Jr and DC8 ?

Ok so I have an Aquacontroller Jr with a DC 8 running lights, fans and the ATO. It has been working fine and all is well till the other day. I have it setup as follows: VHO on #1 on the block MH#1 on #2 on the block MH#2 on #3 on the block LED on #4 on the block...
  10. L

New Neo90 90g build

Ok so I picked this tank up in January from Tim and Tonia and have just now added the water to it and have it up and running now (you would think being out of work I would have had this up a lot longer ago). Day 1 for the water and returns to be running on it. alt=""> alt=""> I started...
  11. L

Aquacontroller jr Serial computer connector

Is there a store locally that sells these or can you use one from say Fry's or a place like Altex???? Is it the standard pin out?
  12. L

Pluming question

Is it better to use 45d elbows or the 90d as I know you will get a lot more resistance from the 90's than the 45d or with something this small does it really matter? I am starting my plumbing and I want to hard pipe it but it is a center overflow so I have to move both the drain and return pipes...
  13. L

LED test article

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2012/1/aafeature
  14. L

Zoa ID experts look inside

Looking to see if anyone knows the names alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt="">
  15. L

Female clown with something on the side of her head

Today I noticed something on the side of my female clown fish. It is in her stripe and I tried to get a picture of it but she would not turn towards the camera (guess she is just vain like that). I know that my long spine urchin was busy cleaning the rock around the eggs and I am just wondering...
  16. L

Awesome sight last night

I was thinking my clown eggs were going to hatch last night so I had everything setup. After an hour I turned on the small light to draw them to the top. "Wow look what this starfish if doing............he is climbing the glass to the light." So I watched him climb up to the top and then he...
  17. L

i-Tech 100 skimmer ?

I just got an i-Tech skimmer 100 that is used but have a question about it from all that have or do use them. The neck seems to be missing a gasket or does the top just sit on there without a gasket in the neck? If it does require one where can you get one for them? I am ready to swap out my PM...
  18. L

Breeding Journal A. Ocellaris Darwin Black

<u>[Breeding Journal DataSheet] </u> [This first post should be updated regularly to include new information as events take place or changes are made to your system] General Species: A. Ocellaris Darwin Black with orange face Social Structure: Mated pair from 6 months of age Size of...
  19. L

Can you tell me what this is

Not sure what this is as it is on a couple of frags I picked up a few weeks back. I did dip them but these are showing up and not really sure that they are. Not sure if it is some type of egg but they seem to look like the pineapple sponge but clear with something in the middle of them...
  20. L

Bangii Male carrying eggs

Just wanted to update that I now also have a pair of Bangii and the Male has the eggs in his mouth as for Wed night when I got home from the meeting. I also have a new set of clown eggs on the rocks. Here are a few pictures of the pair(Thanks Tim and Tonia) and the male has the eggs in there at...