Search results

1. D

Two year old tank is having Diatom algae issues.

Any thoughts on how to reduce this Diatom algae in my tank. Its brown and stringy. My parameters appear to be good. Over a week I change the water 20% every other day for three days. Thought it was gone, but it appears to be returning. How do I get rid of this? Corals are also showing stress...
  2. D

Cheap bulbs for nano tanks!!

I have already ordered my bulbs, so I wanted to pass along that NanoTuners is having a bulb sale. All Nanocustoms Brand PC Bulbs $9.95 18-36w. For your Nanocube 6, 12, 24, Biocube 8, 14, 29 and many others. http://www.nanotuners.com/specials.php
  3. D

Will be donating to Co-op soon, can you id.

I have this stony coral that I wanted to propagate and donate to the co-op but I'm not sure what kind of coral it is. The skin is light brown pegs light green. Can you Id? Is it a very popular coral.
  4. D

how to clean Hydor pumps?

My hydor pumps are finally starting to be blocked by Purple/Pink Coralline Algae. How do you clean these pumps?
  5. D

Take a look at these black spots on our clowns

Looks like our clowns are developing black spots. I first I thought it was pigment growth, but now I'm not sure. Does anyone think it might be black ick? The female also has a white spot with a tail on the middle white strip. Acting normal for a clown!! The male has black spots but very active...
  6. D

Please Id. Small burgundy balls, maybe marble type.

Okay, I've got a mature tank with some strange things starting to grow. I've tried to take some pics and label the items of questions. The first item is the appearance of burgundy balls growing on a rock. As the balls get bigger it starts to show a white cover on the top.(Item 1) The next thing...
  7. D

Will cleaner shrimp eat peppermint shrimp?

Will my cleaner shrimp eat my peppermint shrimp? My cleaner shrimp started chasing my peppermint shrimp about 3 months ago and hasn't stopped. Today my peppermint shrimp is DOA. Just wondering if my cleaner did it. Any thoughts? What kind of shrimp should I replace it with?
  8. D

GSP on back wall

Has anyone grown gsp on back of tank? Using it like carpet on the wall. Good and Bad thoughts welcome.
  9. D

anemone id please

Please Id! I think bta, but not sure. Clowns have not hosted in it yet. Sexy shrimp loves it!! Pics of top and bottom.
  10. D

Hey look what I found

To remove or not to remove?
  11. D

What's up with this coral???

What's up with my coral!! Can you guys id and let me know what you think. I thought about propagating the top part in hopes to save it. Or is this normal? I think it is a purple gorgonian.
  12. D

How about those summer tempature??

Temp for my 24g nano is hanging around 78 degrees. During the day it goes to 80.2 with the lid closed and about 77.8 at night. Is this to much swing in temp? I'm afraid if I change my heater to 78 it will get to hot in daytime. Any thoughts?
  13. D

Hope you don't mind, but I need another id. See pic

What's your guess? Good or Bad? To Remove or Not to remove? Does anyone what it? Sorry for the large pic.
  14. D

Id Please!! New picture added

Appears on a piece of rock which does not get a lot of light(In cave). Light brown, tips have little bubbles on end of tips, kind of translucent. Sorry for the bad pic, just couldn't get a good pic.
  15. D

Old floresent lights, where to dispose?

Looking for recommendations on where to dispose of pc light bulbs. Do they contain mercury? Is their a secondary market for used lightbulbs?
  16. D

Yep, I'm new! Should I scrap that purple stuff?

That purple stuff is all over the back wall of my nano, should I scrape it off?? Will it get worse? I do like the color but was just wondering if I could have too much of a purple thing.
  17. D

How much to feed??

Currently changing from flake food to frozen mysis and brine shrimp. I was told to give them 2 mysis and 1 brine a day but, today I started with just one brine and one mysis and It seemed like a lot of food. Currently have 2 clowns, 2 chromis, 1 blinney, 1 peppermint and of course snails, hermet...
  18. D

Okay, here we go again! Id my crabs please.

Just bought frogspawn along with a piggy backer! Can you id?
  19. D

Is anyone planning to chill in the Texas summer.

As I plan for the summer I must ask everyone if they have chillers. Last summer I was hovering around 82 degrees. 24g nano with 132w lights. I have upgraded the fans to SilenX 60x25mm Fan - 16db. (VERY QUIET). So i'm scared about adding noise to my house and boiling my fish. Anyone? Does...
  20. D

Clowns fighting and it's no circus for one of them!!

Clowns are fighting! One constantly fights one into the corner on my 24g nano. Any suggestions? What's this I read about pairing them? I chase the mean one with a stick all the time (entertainment) to allow the other clown time to eat. WHAT SHOULD I DO??