Search results

1. O

SOLD - Apex - BNIB - $600

I've got an Apex I got about 1 1/2 years ago and I never opened the box. I ended up just using smart plugs to do what I need. Located in Little Elm. Cash or PP.
  2. O

WOW, now we have 2 major reef shows in the area plus all the local frag swaps!

I just read that Reef A Palooza was moving their Chicago event to Frisco in 2022.   That means we will have Aquashella in the summer and Reef A Palooza in the fall.   I haven't seen a schedule for the Tyree events but I'm assuming we will have 1 to 2 of them plus the DFWMAS swaps.   This could...
  3. O

Aquashella Dallas

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.   Hopefully this is enough time to save up some cash.  Will be cool to see freshwater stuff. https://www.aquashella.com/
  4. O

Is Indo shut down hurting LFS selection?

I rarely make it to LFS anymore.   Just too much to do with kid stuff on the weekends.   Is the coral selection down now that Indo has been shut down for a few months?   My understanding is nothing is make it out legally now other than Australian corals and some soft stuff from a few other regions.
  5. O

Have you given up on Mindstream?

Just curious if anyone here had planned on buying a Mindstream and now will buy something else or have bought an alk monitor already.  It was out of my price range so I never planned on getting one.   There total lack of marketing skills is amazing.  It is like they are trying their best to look...
  6. O

PSA - Supreme Court says states can now collect sales tax on online transactions

I'm sure most people saw that the supreme court shot down their previous rule that a state could only collect sales tax thru companies that had a presence in their state.   They make it sound like this is a big win for Best Buy and others like that but really the big winner is Amazon.So if you...
  7. O

Website has wrong account name

I just logged in and the name that is popping up is not mine.  Is this me or is this a known issue?My posts are showing the correct name.
  8. O

Live Goods for sale section question.

Just wondering, are those that are obviously selling more than just home grown frags now allowed instead of buying a forum sponsor spot?
  9. O

Texas Coral Fest this Sunday!

I guess Uchin is the only one that can post in his sponsor forum so posting this here.  Should be a lot of fun and ReefKoi is making an appearance.https://www.facebook.com/groups/357643834436940/  
  10. O

Recent Gem tang availability

I'm not trying to keep anyone from buying local, just throwing this out there so you can make your own buying decision if you are in the market for a Gem tang.   They must have hit the jackpot or an area opened up for collection on them because I've never seen so many available at one time...
  11. O

Petco $1 gal sale

Petco is running their $1/gal sale again.? Ends January 28th.? They also have live rock 20% off and clowns 20% off.
  12. O

Looking for Zoa ID

Are the ones circled Blue Eyed Blonde B* or something else?
  13. O

RO canister is leaking

My RO canister starting leaking about a month ago. I've tried teflon tape and bought a new o-ring but it is still leaking. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm starting to think I should just buy a new canister.
  14. O

Dried out DI

I found a bag of DI that I had forgotten about and it is dried out. Is it still usuable just not as efficient or is it worthless and just chunk it? I've done a few searches but couldn't find a definate answer.
  15. O

Any good local deals on salt?

I'm looking to pick up a bucket of salt this weekend and I'm looking for any local deals. Does Plano Pets still have Red Sea salt the cheapest? I haven't been there in probably over a year. I was thinking of going back to Red Sea salt since I'm not happy with my current batch of IO salt...
  16. O

Magnetic ballast not working

I've got a dual aqua medic magnetic ballast and one of the ballasts has quit working. It makes a humming noise when turned on but it won't fire the bulb. I had one of the de posts break and I replaced it. I was wondering if the broken bracket could have "tripped" something in the ballast that...
  17. O

Test Kit ?

I'm an elos fanboy. Use them for Mg, Calcium and nitrate. Actually I usually use a cheap API kit for calcium to get a general reading. When I want a more precise reading I use the elos. For phosphate I got a phospate meter and love it. I could never tell the color differences on the charts...
  18. O

Heater wattage vs tank size

What is the rule for heater wattage vs the size of tank? I have a 75gal tank and I know the heater is too small for it. I think I have a 75 or 100 watt in there now and it struggles in the winter to keep the temp at 77 since I keep the house at 68. I was thinking of replacing it with a 150...
  19. O

? for Marc on Matrix media

Marc, I remember a while back you had gotten several containers of Seachems Matrix bio media, I believe it was on your trip to CA. I believe you mentioned you were going to use it in your sump. I have a hang on fuge and was thinking of putting that on the bottom of the fuge. Also was thinking...
  20. O

Feeding Duncans and Acans - Target Feeding Duncans

I feed mine the mini mysis put out by H2O. They seem to like it and I've never seen them spit it back up. Also I feed them Ocean Nutirition small sinking pellets with success. I also feed that to my Acan and and other LPS.