Search results

1. D

Protein Skimmer, AI prime 16HD Reef, AI Nero 3 *REDUCED Give me your best offer!!*

Have for sale in the Flower Mound Area for pickup or can meet you somewhere close by. Pictures available upon request and best way to contact is texting 713-261-2610 All items I bought brand new and used for about 1 year and in good shape. For Sale: Bubble Magus Curve 3.5 Protein Skimmer with...
  2. D

[WTB] GSP

I lost everything in a tank crash last year from anemone's, hammers, zoas.. I finally got the tank back to stable and have not had any algae outbreaks and everything has been pretty good for a few months.  I cant afford to stock again like I had in the past and before I decide to completely sell...
  3. D

Old member coming back!

Hello everyone just wanted to say hi again. I used to be apart of DFWMAS over 10 years ago then had a sudden job change that moved me to Houston. During that time I ended up selling all of my tanks and getting out of the hobby. I joined DFWMAS in 2007 and last post was 12 years ago! Well 1 year...
  4. D

putting a refugium on a nano?

Anyone put a refugium on a nano like the biocube? I have a Biocube 14 and I also have a custom built 7 gal tank that fits perfectly in the bottom of the stand. I used to use it for an ATO reservoir but since 7 gallons of freshwater decided one night to flood the biocube and dilute the salinity...
  5. D

Using a CPR BakPak 1 on my nano

So far so good! Bought a CPR BakPak 1 from a fellow member today for not much and it is already pulling out more skimmate than the Sapphire Aquatics skimmer I used to use. Ohh and it is a darker tea like skimmate compared to the greenish skimmate I used to get with the Sapphire. Overall I am...
  6. D

BioCube 14 skimmers

Well I am having problems with my sapphire skimmer for my Biocube. For the life of me I cant get it to produce bubbles anymore. I have adjusted the pump, checked airlines, etc and it does not produce bubbles anymore. Anyone else use another type of skimmer, like a HOB type, on a biocube that is...
  7. D

Ushio buld just bought not sure I got what I needed

I went over to A to T lamps in Lewisville and purchased a 70w Ushio DE bulb and went I installed it and turned the Sunpod on the output is alot more yellow than the stock bulb the sunpod came with. The guy at A to T lamp said is was a 13k bulb but I have never bought MH bulbs before and this...
  8. D

Lost first fish: UPDATE HE IS FOUND!!

So I lost my first fish today. Have had the tank setup for over a year and bought 2 false perc clownfish about a year ago and today the small male is nowhere to be found and I suspect that after dying he was taken care of by the blue leg hermits and my mithrax crab and maybe even the bristle...
  9. D

Sapphire Nanoskimmers: reviews/opinions?

I have a BC14 and looking into getting one of these skimmers so if fits with the stock hood. Anyone have any experience with these or have one currently that can provide any feedback or reviews? Also how high does the water level need to be in the back? just up to the pump or does the whole...
  10. D

bristleworm?? good or bad? (pic id)

I could only get one good pic of this worm I saw. It crawled out of the rock then started to attack a snail but the crabs came out of nowhere and started to attack it... it is pale white colored with red and clear bristles around him. my camera sucks at taking macro, sorry! can you tell me if...
  11. D

Taodstool not extending tenticals?

Toadstool has not extended his tenticals in a few days and doesnt seem to be in bad shape or have any color changes. pic is below... Need to worry?? alt="">
  12. D

BC14 and new to forum

Hey guys and gals, I post on nano-reefs mostly but a member from that board recommended I join this one. It took almost 2 weeks to get my confirmation email that I could post so here is my first post! I bought a BC14 a month or so ago and have already caught the reef bug! I have to stop myself...