Search results

1. T

Need assistance

My health has deteriorated way past the point of being able to care for my aquariums and I need a way to have all of my related equipment and livestock removed from my house.  I am physically unable to help in any way.  No LFS is willing to take all of my stuff and I cannot sell due to my...
  2. T

I didn't understand about deep water acro

Is there someplace that lists the deep water acros or any other deep water SPS by species all together on one page? It would also help to have a write-up about their successful care. Only today after several years did I finally get that there was a big difference in their care. Is it possible...
  3. T

Radion mounting question

Hi, I have a Radion LED fixture that I would like over one of my tanks. I do not want to hang it from the ceiling. Right now it is hanging on a stick laying across the top frame but that puts it too close to the water. I know some of you are ingenious builders so I wanted to ask for some...
  4. T

Sump question

I have a three chamber sump on a tank and a single tub sump on another. I don't see a difference in performance or maybe I don't know what to look for. I am asking because I am thinking of going to the tub idea for swapping out the 3 chamber. Another idea is to put 29g tanks as single chamber...
  5. T

Compatability question - blue cheek with

I have a small male blue cheek trigger. He is very shy and hides every time I pass by. Right now there is a stupid yellow tang as his tank mate. My question is: can I put in a tail spot blenney and a jawfish. I think the jawfish is a dusky. They are both currently in another tank that I...
  6. T

Questions on using Red Sea test kit

The last several months I am really questioning what my test kit is indicating. I have two Red Sea Calcium kits and both indicate I am running at 320 if I go by when the color FIRST changes from red to blue. If I wait awhile the color goes to purple and I would have to add drops but I don't...
  7. T

I need to move a 300g, 1000lb. tank

I need to move an 8 foot tank that weighs approx. 1000 lbs. on Saturday 7/25/15 in West Richardson. I need eight strong guys. Please post if you can help. I also need to find suction cups so movers have something to hold onto. Any clues? And there is a 6 foot sump that goes with it. I am...
  8. T

Big tanks vs. small tanks

I have only ever had small tanks. Currently the biggest of 4 are the 58g. I keep wondering if it would be better to have one big tank. What I am after is to simplify maintenance and upkeep. The nice thing about multiple small tanks is that I can separate critters if they need to be...
  9. T

Kessils in a canopy

I have been thinking about putting two Kessil A350N's over my Tank 2 which is a 58g. The naroow beam covers 18" so two would cover the 36" length. My question is how to mount them. I believe they are supposed to be 10" above the surface. The lights are about 4" but I think I would have to...
  10. T

Reef Energy A and B is incredible

I went to APEX Aquarium and was surprised at how good their corals looked. They always looked good but now they looked really good. I asked about what they were doing and it turns out they started to use Red Sea's Reef Energy which comes in two bottles A & B. I got home, read the...
  11. T

Aquatic Life Mini Skimmer 115

I got this because the reviews I read were positive. I am really disappointed with its performance. I have this running on a 20g alongside a CPR HOB skimmer for testing. The CPR does a far better job. I found the 115 difficult to adjust. Aesthetically the 115 wins but I would prefer...
  12. T

bulkhead washers

I feel dumb asking this but which side does the bulkhead rubber washer go on? Inside or outside?
  13. T

Are any butterflyfish reef safe?

I was looking at the Lemon Butterflyfish.
  14. T

Kessil, Radion, Chinese LED, Rapid, Marineland

I have each of these on a different tank. I purchased the Kessil A350 after going to the frag swap. Sure enough, even on my tanks I have to say that the color is just better. A close second is the Radion at twice the price. Why these are so difficult to program I don't know. I do have a...
  15. T

Plate coral center died

I have a plate coral where the center died. I earnestly fed the outside ring of tissue in hopes it would stay alive. To my amazement the outside ring is OK. Now it has been four months and hair algae has set in on the vacant center. What do I do now? I have tried to remove the algae but it...
  16. T

I am having so much fun

On the summer bus tour I sat behind Marc. I thought I would ask him about fragging zoanthids since every attempt I had made ended up cutting the coral with the blade and they died. He told me the secret was cutting the rock they are attached to and he suggested using a dremel tool with the new...
  17. T

Palythoa ball fragging?

I have a Palythoa that I never mounted on a rock. It has rolled around in my aquarium for 3 years and is of a size to frag. The problem is that there is no rock to cut, only the organism. How can I separate each stalk and remove it?
  18. T

Anything new in the world of T5HO lighting?

I need to order bulbs and I like to ask the group before shelling out for 6 bulbs which are the best to get. I had 3 ATI Blue Plus, 1 ATI Purple Plus, 2 GE 6500k. I am just asking to see if I need to make changes. I looked at LED's but they are out of my reach for now.
  19. T

Critters for a Pico?

I have a square glass flower pot that I would like to make into a habitat. Dimensions are 4.5" so its about .40 g. I have some sand abut 1" and a small rock with a ricordia on it. I would like to have some kind of live critter but don't have any idea for something this small. I suppose one...
  20. T

Food and algae?

I feed every other day and the fish consume the food in 60 seconds. I continue to have the dark maroon algae, both slime and the short hairy kind. I have a cardinal scooter dragonet in one tank that I am always afraid of starving. But all my other tanks have the same problem. I run LED...