Search results

1. R

Majano...Uh OH

Pretty sure these are Majano.  Yes, I have an infestation.  What is the best way to kill or rid the tank of these?   Please ID for me if I am incorrect.  Any advice is appreciated.  Yes, it's my fault for neglecting my tank.    Thanks in advance.   
  2. R

ISO Mag Drive pump 950 gals

Needing to replace my return pump.  The model I have is a E160713 9.5 B.   I believe that means it is 950 gal per hour.  If you have one you want to sell, please PM me.   Thank you!    
  3. R

ISO Aiptasia eating filefish OR Peppermint shrimp.

If you have what I need, just let me know.  :)   Have a good one!    
  4. R

Protein skimmer not skimming???

What would cause a protein skimmer to not bubble?  The pump is working but no foam is being produced.  Hoping for some suggestions to try.  Thanks!
  5. R

Want to buy Harlequin shrimp

Hello, I have starfish that are eating my palys/zoas.  In desperate need of a Harlequin or two.  Please let me know if you have one you want to part with.  Thanks!
  6. R

SOLD 100 lbs of live rock. FREE if picked up TODAY

I have 100 lbs of live rock that I need gone.  FREE if you can pick up tonight!!!!  (4-14-18) It is out of tank so please I need it gone today!  Text for quick response.  972-977-9395$50 for all after today!   Flower Mound  75022    
  7. R

Faulty digital thermometer...11 degrees HIGH

Hi everyone. I just realized after a long summer of thinking my tank was WAY too hot that the digital thermometer that I use is faulty. I used a brand new digital thermometer and it reads 69 degrees! This while the old one reads 80! Now that I have this figured out I was wondering how...
  8. R

Red serpent start - coming apart at the seams

Well, my favorite Red star is literally coming apart at the seams. I've never had one do this. Is he dying? I'm afraid he is. I've had him for some time and hate to lose him. If anyone has any advice that might save him, please feel free to share. Photo attached.
  9. R

Naso Tang - discoloration, sickness?

I have a large size Naso Tang that has recently developed "discolored" spots on his left side. I have had him for approximately 6 mos. and he has done very well. He is eating normally, swimming normally, acting normally. There are no abrasions, lesions, sores of any kind. He had a "white" spot...
  10. R

Ricordia's "dissolving"??? White star fish appearing

Just noticed that my beautiful ricordia rock that was covered has a huge spot that just dissolved and disappeared in a couple days. I have an invasion of tiny white star fish and I noticed a snail without a shell (best description I have) that has appeared in my tank. Could either of these be...
  11. R

Can you ID this anemone??

I have this anemone that I bought as a "sand" anemone. It does prefer the sand and doesn't climb the rocks. Pretty much stays put wherever I set it. Also, after ID any info on this particular species would be great.
  12. R

Can you ID this anemone?

I have this anemone that I bought as a "sand" anemone. It does prefer the sand and doesn't climb the rocks. Pretty much stays put wherever I set it. Also, after ID any info on this particular species would be great.
  13. R

To remove or not to remove - overflow from DAS 115

UPDATE: I removed the box from the aquarium. Had to use a "slim jim" (No, not the beef jerky kind) to get behind it and get through the silicone attaching it to the glass. Seems that there were two horizontal stripes of silicone (inch or so from top and bottom back surface) and four globs on...
  14. R

Moving from one tank to another....ADVICE please.

Hi there! I will be moving all my live sand, live rock, water, livestock, etc. from 100 gal to 115 gal. I would like to learn from the experience of others if possible. Please tell me the best way to do this and how to prevent a "cycling" of the tank if possible. I only have about 3/4 inch...
  15. R

48" Dual Satellite 4x65 watt - Any experience with this?

Just wanting to know if anyone knows anything about this light fixture. I saw one on ebay for $125 (includes shipping) and wondered if it is a good deal. Thanks so much. Tracy
  16. R

Reef lighting suggestions needed...please

I have a 110g reef aquarium that has 300 W of light at the moment. 2 fluorescents at 40W ea. (daylight/actinic) PC at 220 W (daylight/actinic) My tank really just maintains itself but nothing really takes off. I'm assuming lighting is the problem. I saw a light fixture with 1134 W of combined...
  17. R

Feather duster or CoCo worm? (sp?)

I got this at my lfs for $3.99. They said they didn't know exactly what it was but it came in for free in their last order. It looks like a feather duster but has round layers like a coco worm. (not sure of spelling) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Can't seem to get a picture...
  18. R

Help me ID this anemone please.

I'm not sure what this is. Maybe a rock anemone? It is a beautiful blue color. Normally it is tucked down into the rock and it can hardly be seen but today it is really coming out so I took a snap shot of it. Please let me know what type of nem it is. Thanks so much!
  19. R

Pulsing Xenia donor?

Hello! Almost a year ago I was on here and had a bad copper problem and lost most of my corals. My favorite was the pulsing xenia. A really nice person offered to share some of theirs but I don't remember who it was. If you are out there I'd love to have a small sample of your xenia to try...