Recent content by McReefer

1. M

Signs of stress??

We're in the middle of moving and all my tests are in storage. My palys seem stressed. These used to be all red and now these marks are showing up. Any ideas? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417135884.900328.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1417135896.225342.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. M

Please ID this coral

I've posted these up for ID before and no one had any guesses. Well they colored up a little more, I got new lights and I busted out a nicer camera. Please any ideas would be very cool.
  3. M

turbo aqualifter?

I found this item when searching for something else but really want one now. This is in German and I can't find the right terms to search with to find a similar item in English...
  4. M

Zoa ID

I looked around online and I'm having a hard time finding these guys. Not a great picture since I had to use the iPhone and turn the blue way down. They have peach centers and a green band on the skirt. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413310637.506641.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. M

Hitch hiker ID

This is a new one to me.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY2_ji_l7OE Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. M

Advice on light

I'm setting up a new tank and I have an area thats 24 long 10 wide and 14 tall. I'm building this for chalice corals. What light would you guys use and how far off the water?
  7. M

Stripes on watermelon chalice

I picked up a watermelon chalice frag and as its been growing out I've noticed it has white/blue stripes all over. I was worried the skeleton was showing through but its not. Pics will be posted later.
  8. M

Small external pump?

Trying to find an external/inline pump that pushes from 120-160 gph. Having no luck. Anyone know of one like this? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. M

2littlefishes acropower discussion

Picked up a bottle about a month ago and have been dosing this in place of "fuel". I do see a slight improvement in my chalice coloration but nothing in my montis yet. I always think its funny though that all amino acid additives I've tried before have a yellow or green tint and this is clear...
  10. M

Best snail?

What's your opinion? Mine is tiger trochus snails. They can flip over pretty good.
  11. M

BGM and Miami hurricane

I got these frags from ntl555 and absolutely love them. I hope to get him some more frags b/c these are worth way more to me then what I traded. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386133742.237345.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1386133758.135266.jpg The BGM is getting more eyes every other week. And the MH is...
  12. M

Temporary upgrade.

From my 12G nano to 24G nano. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385939459.460139.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1385939492.045685.jpg Has a good amount of coral in there. Of say 50/50 of frags and frags I've had that have grown off the disc. I have to say I really hate frag disks with the post on them...
  13. M

5ml problem

I've been testing my water with the Red Sea ca, alk and mag for awhile. Today I used the syringe from the Red Sea kit to measure out 5ml for an API ph kit. The small glass tube has a single mark for 5ml. The syringe pulled way to much water. So which is off? The Red Sea syringe (I hope not!) or...
  14. M

The value guide

After the shell shock of finding out that 8 hours of light a day is low I decided to re-learn a bit more. If others could post similar to below for new and veteran hobbiest to compare. This is what I aim for. Temp:78 High light hours:9 Dkh/alkalinity: 10.4 Ca: 420 Mag: 1420 Salinity: 1.025 Flow...
  15. M

Is it about to leak?

Friends 200G tank. Stuff is growing under the seal.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383327915.325309.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1383327930.110670.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1383327948.631992.jpg