Recent content by jerryclunsford

1. J

Jebao/Jacod CP25

Got the Jebao Cross Flow today and it is in the tank. I am running it in "Fixed Maximum Flow Rate" mode right now. It tore my Dragon's breath off of it's rock. Directions on adjustment are very sparse. I might need to disassemble as it is mentioned that with both the Jebao and Maxspect there can...
  2. J

Skimmer usage is it possible to over skim.

I have read in a few places that protein skimmers are actually being overused. I have read on another forum that they recommend skimmers rated at several times the tanks volume. What is it overuse or skim the *$&^ out of it. I have a 65 gallon tank and am considering a Reef Octopus Classic 300...
  3. J

Coral Ids

I got some corals on some live rock I recently purchased. The top one is, if I am not mistaken, an Open brain Coral. I am feed it chopped shrimp for now. The other 2 in picture I am not sure of I think they might be closed brain corals of some kind. The one on the left under the brain is a green...
  4. J

Who is still hanging around in Wichita Falls area?

Anyone else left out there?
  5. J

New tank

My 37 gallon started to leak. Due to the low quality of the 37 gallon tanks locally I ended up getting a 65 gallon Aqueon with stand combo at Petsmart. It is currently filled on my deck checking for leaks. I will then. Drill the back and install overflow. Get the sump and return header built. I...
  6. J

No Telling what you will get at Petco

A little while back I was purchasing some snails at the WF Petco. I got a few different kinds and 5 were supposed to be cerith. I did not look at them until I got home. I got 4 cerith and a small turbo snail. Yesterday I attempted to buy 5 Bumble Bee snails. I looked at them yep 5 Bumble bee...
  7. J

Help ID'ing please.

I found this little guy after changing lights. It is about a 1/16th inch across. I think that is an anemone, but not completely sure. (not in the hobby long) If any one can tell what it is and what it eats I would appreciate it. If I can find out what it is I can research myself. Sorry the...
  8. J

South Seas Aquatics

Has anyone done business with South Seas Aquatics in San Antonio. Ran across their website $10.00 livestock shipping in Texas. Not a huge selection but some nice looking livestock. Really beats 35 to 50 Dollars in shipping even with state sales tax. http://www.southseasaquatics.com
  9. J

SOLVED: What is this?

A Friend of mine has these growing on his rock. What are they? Thanks, jerryclunsford alt=""> They are spirorbids Image did not work, link to image http://www.4shared.com/photo/RaRkOQy0/creatures.html
  10. J

sponges

I can't get a good picture of them but, I was adding some more rock today and I put my GSP in with the side that is normally at the back facing forward. There are small bright yellow clumps scattered on it. They appear to be porous, could this be sponges I haven't heard of anything else that...
  11. J

Is this Aiptaisia

I have never seen aiptaisia before, is this it? it is currently about 1/16 inch long and attached to a grain of my oolitic substrate. http://www.4shared.com/photo/6vFBjOip/creature1.html
  12. J

Holidays

Merry Christmas Everyone. And may the new year be prosperous. jerryclunsford
  13. J

welks or Nassarius snails

Can Some one tell me an easy way to tell the difference between a welk and a nassarius snail? I got my cleaning crew Friday I notice that what were supposed to nass. snails mad a bee line for the blue leg hermits that I got with them rolled them and latched onto the shell opening to opening and...
  14. J

Any one in Nocona area?

Hello, New to the forum and to salt water aquariums. Any one here from around Nocona? This is my first salt water tank, 39 Gallon, aragonite substrate, I only have maybe 5 lbs of base rock in it, Canister filter (thinking of building sump), running 2 Lee counter current skimmers, Current...