Recent content by BrianC

1. B

Yellow Tang $40 North Richland Hills urgent!!!

I am breaking my tank down and giving it's contents to a friend. I'm worried the Yellow Tang will not make it thru the "tank re-cycling". The sell coincides with the break down as I won't be able to get him until the live rock is removed. Pick up ideally is ROUGHLY 11am likely until 3pm (but...
  2. B

WTT Seeded Sand

I have sand full of small/ micro Feather Dusters and Spaghetti Worms. It would be great for new tanks or a tank missing these fauna. They are pretty awesome but I have an over abundance so I am looking to trade them off. I will trade a cup of my sand for a cup of clean sand or a frag to anyone...
  3. B

Nature vs culling

So I have what many would call a good outbreak.Sand bed worms: small Feather Dusters and (what I believe are) Spaghetti Worms. I like most hobbiest are happy to see them but, their population explosion in my tank has me a bit worried. Like in nature, predators are a necessary evil to help limit...
  4. B

Are these Spaghetti Worms?

5. B

WTB Colorful SPS frags

I'm looking for common, relatively easy to care for, hardy, colorful SPS frags. I don't need anything mounted and will buy anyones recent "pruning" (willing to help prune)!
  6. B

Brian's 120g

First, I purchased this tank used from another member (Bump) just over a year ago. All the equipment is used. Here was his set up:
  7. B

help ASM G1X skimming clear water

I am upgrading my sump and my existing ASM G1X was just added. I plugged it in to test it thinking, it was not in deep enough water to pull skimmate (maybe 4-5 inches). I have the adjustable outlet pipe all the way up and it is pulling clear water. Any suggestions?
  8. B

WTB Emerald Crab(s)

Topic says it all.
  9. B

Salt results

I thought the club tested various salts (recently). I'm looking all over the threads for a link/ posting. Can anyone share the results?
  10. B

A Beginner's Guide to Phytoplankton

First, this is incomplete and obviously from a novice so feel free to correct me.The 2 most common phytoplanton (macroalgae) are;Isochrysis Galbana (aka Gold Phytoplankton) is important for clams and scallops. I wanna say it is is different because something about lipids and fatty...
  11. B

Help ID please? Bug

<ol></ol>
  12. B

LFS with Drain Tubing

No idea the exact size on the drain tubing I need both of mine sprung leaks and I need to get a new one. Anyone know of an LFS or similiar carrying flexible drain (pool) tubing (in store locally)?
  13. B

isochrysis (phytoplankton)

So, somewhere it said brown phytoplankton. Is anyone maintaining or trying to maintain a culture of this?
  14. B

WTS/ Trade (2) Jebao TW-60

I bought 2 online and 1 is too powerful for my tank. 1 is still in box never opened and the other is lightly used $120 or I can trade for a slower wavemaker like a TW-40.
  15. B

FS/ trade (2) green star polyp frags

$10